LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Caporegime
Kinda regretting buying AMD for my new graphics card earlier this year. I would definitely be getting this if I was Nvidia. Really wish there was a freesync alternative.

If you want it that badly it's def worth switching for the sake of a small loss, considering that this thing is gonna be circa-£2k and all...

Man of Honour
Does any-one know when this bad boy is out, or at lease when we can expect to see it, think this is the one I'm going to go for. It's a lot of money but it'll last me 5 years.
Last update i had from LG was September, but given there were some delays with the 27GL850 i would be cautious with that date currently until we get some firmer news. My guess would be during Q4

Associate
Last update i had from LG was September, but given there were some delays with the 27GL850 i would be cautious with that date currently until we get some firmer news. My guess would be during Q4

Nooooo... I need it meow!

How goes the 27" version testing? I imagine to get the 1ms spec they use the most silly overdrive setting that no one will use. If the average G2G transition is below 3.5ms with no noticeable overdrive artifacts I'd be impressed.

Associate
Sounds good, as I really hope it's at least on par with the PG279Q, thats 5.0ms on the playable/usable setting - OV at normal. I read on reddit that the 1ms was on the extreme setting, so of course it's ghosting as crazy. Probably even more the extreme on the PG. But it was a given.
No one really belived that 1ms was usable annyway. So heres hoping that 4 ms or slightly less will be usable, at the same perfect level the PG has on normal!
Man do I want this monitor. Would be a perfect upgrade and the only one im considering swaping out my PG for!

Associate
Why is this taking so long to be released? What's the hold up?

These monitors are so slow. This was announced years ago. Do they announce it when they think of it? You'd think they'd announce it when it's made

I want this monitor for my new shiny build end of September. I don't even think it will be out by then

Associate
Sounds good, as I really hope it's at least on par with the PG279Q, thats 5.0ms on the playable/usable setting - OV at normal. I read on reddit that the 1ms was on the extreme setting, so of course it's ghosting as crazy. Probably even more the extreme on the PG. But it was a given.
No one really belived that 1ms was usable annyway. So heres hoping that 4 ms or slightly less will be usable, at the same perfect level the PG has on normal!
Man do I want this monitor. Would be a perfect upgrade and the only one im considering swaping out my PG for!

What do you see this offering that the PG279Q doesn't already do. Just HDR? As a fellow PG user I'm struggling to see the benefit of the upgrade here. Assuming you are referring to the 27GL850!

Associate
does anyone know if this baby has any kind of active cooling/fan?

atm i'm running the AW3418DW and i need/want a new display - i want to increase the res and break the 120Hz wall
on the list: PG35VQ (Fan/VA), X27/PG27UQ(x) (Fan), 34GK950 (same res, 120Hz) and the 38GK950 (more res, 144-175Hz, no Fan)
and as long as VA is not the thing these days and the fact that i'm running a 0db watercooling setup i really dislike Monitors with Fans - so the 38GK950 is my to-go Monitor - as long as it has no active cooling

Caporegime
does anyone know if this baby has any kind of active cooling/fan?

Nothing has been mentioned so far, so hopefully it hasn't. It's a *big* turn-off for buyers having a fan, not only the increase in noisy but also fans can stop working!! And when they're as crucial to the operation of the monitor of these are then it would turn out to be quite an issue...

Associate
What do you see this offering that the PG279Q doesn't already do. Just HDR? As a fellow PG user I'm struggling to see the benefit of the upgrade here. Assuming you are referring to the 27GL850!

We are in the UW 38 thread mate :)
I would never go for the non g-sync 27 incher. As you say; it offer nothing over our PG's. I only can see the downside as their is no g-sync module. So I would never touch that one, even if it was faster then the best TN. G-sync is a must for me and I surely love the PG. I would only considering upgrade to this 38UW, that is :)

Associate
This monitor has the full DP 1.4 G-Sync module FPGA so unless they put a really large passive cooler on it, it's going to have a fan. As long as it's not audible in a fairly quiet room, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Tons of high end electronics use/need fans. Your high end TV probably has a fan and you don't even know it.

Associate
FYI the fan in the PG27UQ is just super terrible. It is a micro cage fan. The X27 has a much better/quieter/larger/slower spinning fan. I know, I've had both side by side. A proper fan isn't going to be an issue no matter how quiet you think your room is.

Back
Top Bottom