Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Associate
To be honest, with the lid on it makes barely any difference. There's no way of bringing in fresh air and no-where really to exhaust it. I'd hold out for a better case :)

Thanks, I thought that would be the case. (No pun intended, honest).

I'll see how much better cases are in a few weeks or go down the fan shim and drill some holes in the top route :p

Associate
Anyone running the new model on 2x 4k screens? Trying to do a project to display two seperate web pages to two seperate screens and was wondering if this would be suitable (size and cost certainly fits the bill).

Is it able to extend the screens like you can do in Windows then move another instance of Chrome or Firefox to the other screen?

Caporegime
Wow that's quite pricey.

I appreciate it's an aluminium design with heatsink, although i'm weary of passive cooling bringing the beast of the pi4 down to good temps. I still think the fan shim is probably the way to go.

i think it's better than buying the fan shim. that is coming from someone who has the fan shim and a open case already.

first of all - no need to run software to control the fan. it doesn't use additional power. the cooling can't malfunction or wear out. it's working all the time whereas the fan kicks in only when temps get hot then turns off again.

i'd say the flirc case is well worth buying i think i paid like £9 for my case and £10 for the fan anyway. so it's not actually expensive. it's very cheap in fact.

Soldato
I was shown that the 2.4A works, something like this "UCTRONICS IEEE 802.3af Micro USB Active PoE Splitter Power Over Ethernet 48V to 5V 2.4A for Tablets, Dropcam or Raspberry Pi (48V to 5V 2.4A"

The spec for the Pi4 says it needs 3 amps, not sure how well it would work / stability with less.

Ah ignore me, didn't realise you were after a splitter rather than an injector.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom