What is this growing on patio?

Soldato
I have this green stuff growing all over patio and drive and have no idea what it is.

Any ideas what it is and how to kill it? Would Roundup work?

Soldato
OP
I didnt see the baking soda top....
But Ive sprayed some Roundup on it - took ages to do it all as its everywhere...… hopefully will work :)

Soldato
OP
I read that Roundup doesnt really work so will see how it goes in next week..... it looks awful and spreads really quickly.... I have a hug area of it now on my drive and large patio area.

Associate
I had it in a shady part of the garden path, it's an algae not a true plant so doesn't have roots and a water transport system so normal weedkiller is pretty ineffective.
I scrubbed it off and used Wet'n'Forget which is pretty good.
if the runoff isnt a problem you could just scrub it and put table salt which will stop it growing back for a while

Soldato
Evil stuff I used to work at a plant nursery and it was a nightmare to kill even with horticultural herbicides the spores spread like mad . thrives in damp areas so scraping away and good drainage helps and a strong moss killer

Soldato
OP
I just want to use something which is quite easy to use on a large area and will kill and control it.....

The patio is not really shaded and the water does drain away so I am not sure why its growing between my patio bricks....

Soldato
OP
Been reading that white vinegar (£13.48 for 20litres) mixed with washing up liquid and salt work - has anyone tried this?

Back
Top Bottom