*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
you can forgive the absence of hdr a bit, if the netflix 'reduction' is for any subscriber eg if @Clairvoyant gets the offer. ?, rather,
than they are cross-subsidising in specific cases.

Soldato
I was paying £52 for the below package. That has now gone up to £78.

Box Sets
Sky Sports Complete Pack
Sky Cinema
HD Basic
Sky Sports HD
Sky Multi Screen
Sky Go Extra
See It First
Sky+ Subscription

Tried them on chat and they offered £66. Have given my 30 days notice. Hopefully see some sort of retention offers although they look a little sparse in here lately.

Notice that some of you are on SKY Q for similar money where I'm still ok Sky plus.

Does SKY Q require sky broadband for any of the features?

Currently paying £10 a month for multiroom, do the Sky Q mini boxes come with a subscription or is it just a one off cost? Would open up the option of a TV in the kitchen as well which my partner has always wanted.

Soldato
I was paying £52 for the below package. That has now gone up to £78.

Box Sets
Sky Sports Complete Pack
Sky Cinema
HD Basic
Sky Sports HD
Sky Multi Screen
Sky Go Extra
See It First
Sky+ Subscription

Tried them on chat and they offered £66. Have given my 30 days notice. Hopefully see some sort of retention offers although they look a little sparse in here lately.

Notice that some of you are on SKY Q for similar money where I'm still ok Sky plus.

Does SKY Q require sky broadband for any of the features?

Currently paying £10 a month for multiroom, do the Sky Q mini boxes come with a subscription or is it just a one off cost? Would open up the option of a TV in the kitchen as well which my partner has always wanted.

Broadband required but not exclusively sky. Multiroom costs £13pm

Soldato
Accepted a renewal of my package (post 5004) for £55 for 18 months. Used chat at the start of week 4 of my notice period.

Nothing through the post or by phone this year. Some deals on the sky planner and website but nothing of significance.

As an aside they're currently offering new customers Entertainment + Sports + HD for £42 or the same with Cinema for £47.

It's related to the start of the new football season so may (or may not) be ending this weekend.

Soldato
We left sky probably 24 months ago now after 17 years (full package), they made no attempt to keep us as customers at the time and never bothered to offer anything to get us back lol. I guess they never liked us.

Caporegime
We left sky probably 24 months ago now after 17 years (full package), they made no attempt to keep us as customers at the time and never bothered to offer anything to get us back lol. I guess they never liked us.
People don't realise that if you've declined all marketing by email, text or letter then legally they can't contact you.

Soldato
I think you're applying too much emotion to what is a service contract.

Well not really, we couldn't have cared less. It was getting silly paying £80 pcm for what was basically baby TV channel. We ended up buying a nowtv box which is ideal because we only ever activate it when there's something worth watching and you can buy the the passes for peanuts on eBay.

Sky simply fall into the category of companies that are only interested in the new customer metric, in our experience.

People don't realise that if you've declined all marketing by email, text or letter then legally they can't contact you.

We have email and phone down as contact preference, still do.

Soldato
2yrs come the end of september since I left Sky. I almost went back to them last september but I found what they offered was awful and I had to contact them and push them for a deal, took another deal from Virgin, vip package £90pm for 12 months. That is one of the reasons i prefer virgin, 12 month contracts. 25yrs with Sky and they didn't give a hoot, so neither do I, will take the best deal i can get from whoever. Every two weeks since turning Sky down I have received a deal in the post, 'please come back to us' if they'd offered these deals I would never have left, I dont understand their philosophy to be honest. I will be giving virgin 31 days notice soon and it all begins again.......sigh.

Associate
tempted to cancel my order, £54 a month for every channel with UHD. £30 upfront for both 2tb AND mini box, but I still feel its too much a month compared to what people have.

That's pretty much the exact package I am on - was about best I could get (could maybe have held out longer in cancellation period). Had same for just under £50 last year, thus just accepted that prices probably have gone up a bit.

Soldato
That's pretty much the exact package I am on - was about best I could get (could maybe have held out longer in cancellation period). Had same for just under £50 last year, thus just accepted that prices probably have gone up a bit.

Well there is other people's football viewing to be paid for :)

Soldato
Cancelled yesterday in my partner's name. Was on £56 a month, started at £54 a month at beginning of contract, for full TV plus SkyQ plus mini. Offered £64 a month. Hopefully they'll come back with max same price or we will see out the cancellation. Ends 27th September.

May perhaps sign up in my name but at this point really questioning it.

Associate
Cut the cord a few weeks ago. The wait times were long and I got redirected to a few people but the guy in the end was quite nice. My prices were close to 140 including internet from 90 a month. The lack of HDR or higher bitrate or better movies on UHD turned me off to Sky Cinema. The cost of keeping just F1 in UHD was unreasonable due to the packaged I needed to keep. In the end, I couldn't make the math work so just walked away with a broadband contract with higher speeds but lower cost. I'll take it.

What Sky needs to do to remain relevant:
- Decouple UHD form multi room. I was paying a notable premium for 1 Sky Q box
- Sky Cinema to have high profiles movies and in UHD/HDR
- The mobile App with unskippable long ads is unacceptable
- Increased bit rate on UHD content. It's getting more and more compressed with artifacts clearly visible from a normal viewing distance

Soldato
What Sky needs to do to remain relevant:

I dislike most TV companies these days, but the real issue is rearing up for Sky is due to on-demand still be a joke from them, they need to ditch the dish completely and offer a full I.P. service to those that can get the connection speeds, and roll out the TV apps more widely. As we've found out for the past 15 years+ of HD being available Sky are not interested in providing quality, just marketing buzz at the cheapest cost while fleecing the end user for rubbish quality. The fact they still charge for HD as an add speaks volumes about how they operate.

The other issue they have is rubbish broadband offerings, £99 with Virgin gets you every TV channel going, 2 TiVO boxes, 500Mb broadband, a landline with unlimited calls, and a great 4G SIM only deal with unlimited everything that includes tethering, and the sweetener is the 12 month contract.

Back
Top Bottom