Topping up liquid in a LT360

Associate
Got my 9900k from OCUK and have been trasnsfered my Alphacool LT360 and Eiswolf GPU cooler (1080Ti) to the new rig in the Razer 011D that I got from OCUK a while back in anticipation of my new build.

The LT360 and Eiswolf worked a treat in my old rig (4690k), but I have now changed the location of the rad from top to side-intake in the new build. Each time you use the quick release you lose a small amount of liquid, which has resulted in air finding its way into the LT360 pump (it does make more noise than before, the sound of air being moved along with the water).

My new build will POST, but the CPU temps are very high in bios and it will not boot.

With the LT360, is it possible to top up the liquid in the loop? (hex bolt on side of cpu waterblock?). I saw videos showing the non-LT version being topped up, but not sure about the LT360...

Also, if this is possible, I am not sure if I should just use some distilled water, or if I should go for the CKC Cape Kelvin Catcher (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alphacool-ckc-cape-kelvin-catcher-clear-1000ml-wc-09c-ac.html) to top it up with (not sure what is already in use in the AIO setup).

Any advice would be gratefully received!
Richard.

Soldato
I'd top up with distilled - it's the safest option if you don't know what you're mixing with.

I've had weird results with CKC too, it turned a bit blue as my main coolant. So I'd be hesitant to mix it with anything.

Regarding the topup-ability, can't comment :)

Associate
OP
Thanks LuckyBenski.

I think I will go with some basic distilled or maybe the Mayhems ultra pure h20 (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mayhems-ultra-pure-h2o-watercooling-fluid-1l-wc-004-mh.html). Its probably only 10ml or so I need to add, so unlikely to diluate whatever mix is in there already too much!

I would go with the Alphacool Ultra Pure Water, but OCUK do not stock, and its costly to get the stuff shipped from Germany. There is also a Alphacool Eisbaer Quick-Connect Extension Kit, which includes 250 of 'osmosis filtered water', but again no UK stock anywhere.

As for filling, I am trying to confirm with Alphacool, but think it should be possible dkuqran.png

Associate
OP
Update: If anyone is interested in extending the Eisbaer CPU cooler to include the Eiswolf, on the first batch of LT360s the quick connects are incorrectly positioned on the intake rather than the outtake.

This means that the pump on the GPU is fighting the pump on the CPU as they are both trying to pull against each other!

Alphacool have resolved this for me; seems not that many people tend to extend their loops in this manner...

Back
Top Bottom