World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Managed to snag my old initial WoW names - still deciding whether or not I should continue with Mage like I did back in the day or go Warrior, but then again maybe Druid too. Oh the choices.

Ske

Ske

Associate
Well, that was worth staying up for.. not!

Luckily Nick-fury got in early doors and reserved my name. If I had known that beforehand, I'd have been in bed by 10:45! :D

Caporegime
Managed to hook up with my old Guild mates from Vanilla. Across both factions we must have 50-60 old school players. It feels strange talking to people again you haven't spoken to in nearly 15 years! We are rolling Horde on Shazzrah. Reserved Troll hunter and Undead Warrior.

Associate
Looking through this thread it sounds like launch is going to be great fun! Especially as it seems that Blizzard have fallen into the trap that all MMO producers fall into, which is massively underestimating how many players prefer PvP servers to normal.

Associate
Looking through this thread it sounds like launch is going to be great fun! Especially as it seems that Blizzard have fallen into the trap that all MMO producers fall into, which is massively underestimating how many players prefer PvP servers to normal.
It was just the login and authentication servers that got stressed.
One change they have made from classic is that they have implemented there sharding tech (just not used it much in the betas). This will start up and shutdown extra servers for each zone based on demand.

Soldato
Might be interested in getting back into this with all the hype, I am a bit confused as to what I should expect however. I only ever played some Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Litch King on my cousins account so is that the Wow that is coming back/is that the current style. Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question.

Pet Northerner
Don
Might be interested in getting back into this with all the hype, I am a bit confused as to what I should expect however. I only ever played some Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Litch King on my cousins account so is that the Wow that is coming back/is that the current style. Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question.

It's Vanilla. So Expect a grind.

It'll take days to level to 60, gold is hard to make, riding begins at 40 so expect to walk a lot, no unlocked flight paths.

End game is hard, lots of grinding for pots, boss specific armours etc.

Back
Top Bottom