World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
It was just the login and authentication servers that got stressed.
One change they have made from classic is that they have implemented there sharding tech (just not used it much in the betas). This will start up and shutdown extra servers for each zone based on demand.

There's been a lot of talk on Reddit about that Sharding ruining the experience of many players in beta by creating empty cities, missing big World PvP fights that happen in different shard etc. etc.

I get that they don't want to make loads of servers and have to merge them together in a few months time but 2 English speaking pure PvP servers for all of EU seems a bit extreme.

Soldato
It's Vanilla. So Expect a grind.

It'll take days to level to 60, gold is hard to make, riding begins at 40 so expect to walk a lot, no unlocked flight paths.

End game is hard, lots of grinding for pots, boss specific armours etc.
Cheers for the reply so is my past experience the 'current' wow, i tried watching some videos but it looked similar to what I had played before hah.

Classic does look a grind as you say, will have to have a think!

Associate
Fell asleep last night, but the dog woke me up at 23:20 and I managed to get on and reserve my 3 names. Originally it told me they were in use. Then I tried different names and it told me I had reached my limit.

After a refresh my 3 original names showed up in the server list.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
There's been a lot of talk on Reddit about that Sharding ruining the experience of many players in beta by creating empty cities, missing big World PvP fights that happen in different shard etc. etc.

I get that they don't want to make loads of servers and have to merge them together in a few months time but 2 English speaking pure PvP servers for all of EU seems a bit extreme.

Pretty sure I read that the layering/sharding in the beta/pre-test was in overdrive and not working as expected. Blizzard want a vanilla like experience and have confirmed this in every interview, I very much doubt they'll fluff it up last minute.

They're the only ones who have the analytics and can forecast how many players will be logging in come launch day.

Soldato

The layering in BETA was totally over the top so they could fine tune it. It wont be like that come release.

Although it made for some interesting tactics, getting someone to invite you and disappearing could be handy in some situations :p (note: only when it was in beta overdrive. it wont be exploitable in release)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I am looking forward to Vanilla PVP, my main was always aa Alliance Rogue, so should be manageable, but no doubt the game will be a 60/40 split between Horde and Alliance as usual...

The last time I checked the census from Reddit, it was like 55/45 in favour of the Horde for Shazzrah at least.

Caporegime
Soldato
It's Vanilla. So Expect a grind.

It'll take days to level to 60, gold is hard to make, riding begins at 40 so expect to walk a lot, no unlocked flight paths.

End game is hard, lots of grinding for pots, boss specific armours etc.
End game isn't hard :p maybe some bosses in Naxx can be a gear or class check

Associate
Yous is just haters innit. When you're spanking bosses wondering why everything went so smoothly, remember this post :cool:

We all know that there is only one song that is guaranteed to lead to victories and that's this one:

are we looking at a guild name playing on the ocuk theme, a funny name, serious lore name, a classic themed name? maybe a poll to suggest the theme of the name first then one for suggestions

On previous pages we've been gathering names based on any theme and the plan is to have a vote on them. Voting on a theme, waiting for suggestions on said theme, then voting for winner from that theme seems a bit OTT. It looks like the name suggestions have stopped so it's now probably a good time to put them to a vote.

Back
Top Bottom