Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
An Aquaero 6 can supply enough power from a channel to power all but the most ludicrous of pumps (30W if memory serves correctly).
You'll probably find that the pump is wired assuming that whatever you plug the 4-pin fan cable into cannot provide that amount of power. The usual is to take power from the molex and provide sense (rpm readout) and maybe control (PWM) on the fan header. Count how many wires you have on the 4-pin plug. You can probably re-wire it if you can crimp fan pins on and shove them in the empty slots in the fan plug (wires in the appropriate places, naturally). There is a product that does this for you but it's aimed at 3-pin fan header. For reference, that is https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua...dc-poweradjust-2-aquaero-5.6-wc-277-aq.html

Soldato
I am just doing a build for client using new Corsair stuff and the pump/res combo has a 4 pin connector along with the moles power- would an AE6 fan channel be able to control the pumps speed- power sorted by molex?
Thx
Yes but you'd have to configure that channel as PWM control rather than voltage. So it depends what else you want on that channel.

Associate
Yes but you'd have to configure that channel as PWM control rather than voltage. So it depends what else you want on that channel.

I will only be using one channel for fans as only 6 in build so will leave me with a further 3 channels so should be good- thanks for the heads up though LB

Associate
I am just doing a build for client using new Corsair stuff and the pump/res combo has a 4 pin connector along with the moles power- would an AE6 fan channel be able to control the pumps speed- power sorted by molex?
Thx

Should be fine, problems usually only arise when the 4 pin doesn't fully conform to PWM specifications (fairly sure Corsair's do though). I run my PWM fans off Molex with a separate PWM connector to the Aquaero 6.

Associate
Thx for that bugbait- I use a splitty for my fans so single connection to the Ae and will use a separate channel for the pump. Waiting for the gpu block to turn up as wasn’t in the first order ‍♂️

Associate
idk... is it just me? but when i bough me aquaero i was very excited... now i completely forgot about :) it just sits the doing its job.. :/
biggest advantage for me is that my fans on the radiator spin based on my water temperature .. not cpu ...

Soldato
idk... is it just me? but when i bough me aquaero i was very excited... now i completely forgot about :) it just sits the doing its job.. :/
biggest advantage for me is that my fans on the radiator spin based on my water temperature .. not cpu ...
That, and the fact you can shutdown if the pump fails, are the two things I care about. My pump occasionally doesn't start (maybe twice a year, seems like a logic fault).

Soldato

Mine are on gpu temp. Cpu controlled fans are just far too irratic for my liking. But most of the time it is forgotten about, never given me any issues. Ocasionally spin up the pumps to ensure everything is as it should be (both running and air bled etc).

To be honest don't think i could live without one. Great piece of kit.

Soldato

Then it's doing exactly what you want it to do. It comes into its own (if set up right) when stuff goes wrong. Sudden drop in the res level and off goes the alarm telling you that your carpet is getting a soaking (I'll give you one guess!).

I've also got one running the fans on my server cupboard and reporting back temps to my desktop via Aquasuite. Again, it's not the flashiness that's important, it's the set and forget peace of mind.

Associate
Client has just given me a commander pro for this build- 6 rgb fans gpu/cpu block and rgb pump/reservoir. Not used one of these for water cooling but would it be reasonable to use this for all and leave the AE6 out of this build due to space? Think it would control the pump via pwm rather than the AE6 which may not?

Soldato
Whatever works for the build. You'll find the Aquaero will control the pump one way or another - it may work on split connectors (supplying control but not power) or it may not. I know it's worked for some people and that it didn't work when I tried it on some massively over-the-top fan. I believe it comes down to the implementation of PWM - not everyone interprets or implements the standard the same.
If it doesn't work, the pump will almost certainly draw less than the 30W the Aquaero 6 will supply so you can re-pin/rewire it to run off a single 4-pin fan plug. Likely to make your wiring-spaghetti more manageable but an extra step.
I don't know the other product well enough to say if it will handle all of it or not. If you have access to the stuff, plug it in (just hot-wire a PSU) and see what works and what doesn't. Your pump may not like being run dry so you may need to set up a small loop or just have it pump water out of a bowl and back into it again.

Associate
As I can see, connecting Aquastream Ultimate to Aquaero 6 LT by aquabus has a result of Aquasuite loosing some important (for me!) functions, like creating a curve controller for the pump. Am I right, or I did miss something?

Soldato
As I can see, connecting Aquastream Ultimate to Aquaero 6 LT by aquabus has a result of Aquasuite loosing some important (for me!) functions, like creating a curve controller for the pump. Am I right, or I did miss something?
When connected by USB, most devices (I don't have an Aquastream to test with) show up as separate devices in Aquasuite. If you connect by Aquabus, you need to make sure that each device has a unique Aquabus ID while connected by USB - and you can only upgrade firmware by USB too. You may also have to set the Aquastream to use Aquabus by preference - see what's available when connected by USB. Once running on Aquabus the devices do not show as available separate devices; they show as disconnected. If you look under the Aquaero, there is an Aquabus section that shows the connected devices. If that's good, it ought to be controllable as a curve controller directly from the Aquaero by setting the output as the Aquastream.

Soldato
Aquasuite keeps disappearing from the taskbar with that noise that is made when a USB device is unplugged. I've tried re-installing but it keeps doing it.

It's still running in Task Manager, I just can't access the software.

Any ideas, anyone?

Soldato
It appears in the Taskbar, but disappears after around 10 seconds after boot. If I try to run it manually, it'll appear again until I roll my mouse over it then it'll disappear again.

"Aqua Computer Service" is running in the background.

Soldato
It appears in the Taskbar, but disappears after around 10 seconds after boot. If I try to run it manually, it'll appear again until I roll my mouse over it then it'll disappear again.

"Aqua Computer Service" is running in the background.
Usually I find if an icon disappears it's because it was already crashed/terminated and the taskbar icon hasn't updated.

Back
Top Bottom