What did you do to your bike today?

Transmission breaker
Don
Replaced the speedo sensor on my hornet, as it was working intermittently, added a charging cable and topped up the coolant.
Just waiting on a new rear disc and then I can fit the pads that arrived.
Need to do an oil change but the weather was a bit unpredictable today and I didnt have room in the garage, so it will have to wait for a nice day.

Associate
Crashed the MT-09. Well, not today, Thursday. A car decided to avoid stationary traffic and made a snap decision to turn right instead of wait while I was filtering past. Not a lot I could do. Limping but alive- could have been much worse. Not massively impressed with BeMoto- they turned it straight over to a claims management company as it seems they won't lift a finger themselves. For the money I pay I'd have thought they would be more proactive. Ah well, anyway had a hire bike delivered today- an MC750X- and took it out for a quick test. If I were to choose words to describe it, they would be words like "uneventful" and "competent". I thought these things were supposed to be torquey :D Still, it's pleasant enough to ride. My Reevu was mashed in the crash, so have had to get used to mirrors again.

Soldato
Crashed the MT-09. Well, not today, Thursday. A car decided to avoid stationary traffic and made a snap decision to turn right instead of wait while I was filtering past. Not a lot I could do. Limping but alive- could have been much worse. Not massively impressed with BeMoto- they turned it straight over to a claims management company as it seems they won't lift a finger themselves. For the money I pay I'd have thought they would be more proactive. Ah well, anyway had a hire bike delivered today- an MC750X- and took it out for a quick test. If I were to choose words to describe it, they would be words like "uneventful" and "competent". I thought these things were supposed to be torquey :D Still, it's pleasant enough to ride. My Reevu was mashed in the crash, so have had to get used to mirrors again.

Glad you're ok fella! Saw the happen right in front of me last week (or the week before lol - damn memory); the chap de-gloved his knee, so a limp is quite a result :D

Hope you get sorted quickly though, I only got my RS back last Thursday - for an accident that happened on the 30th of June :mad: And my insurers (Hastings) also passed it straight over to a claims management company - but they did a decent enough job of everything; just waiting on my appointed solicitors to pull their finger out and get my money back for replacing the lid and visor, oh, and Lost of Use.

Associate
Cheers buddy, yeah I definitely got off lightly.

Have been told at least six weeks for both insurers to assess the bike, so let's see how it goes. The claims company is 4th dimension, who had a bad rap some years ago but have heard some good things more recently. It must be big money for them as they were calling me every ten minutes to arrange to deliver the replacement bike. My Reevu lid was trashed in the prang, but they even gave me a spare (cheap) lid to get me back up and running.

Need to get use to riding with mirrors again- watch out all London drivers :D

Soldato
Cheers buddy, yeah I definitely got off lightly.

Have been told at least six weeks for both insurers to assess the bike, so let's see how it goes. The claims company is 4th dimension, who had a bad rap some years ago but have heard some good things more recently. It must be big money for them as they were calling me every ten minutes to arrange to deliver the replacement bike. My Reevu lid was trashed in the prang, but they even gave me a spare (cheap) lid to get me back up and running.

Need to get use to riding with mirrors again- watch out all London drivers :D

Mine got passed over to Auxillis, who in-turn appointed Plantec Assist for the assessment and repair work - can't really fault either of them, but the length of time (owing to the time of year) ****** me off a tad!

On a positive note I had this beauty as a loan bike yesterday, whilst the RS was in for its 12 month service:

48526283871_d660b74f60_b.jpg

48526283836_88a27b1fab_b.jpg

48526283831_35d64ac2c9_b.jpg

48526439797_06448f196a_b.jpg

Loved it! 1200cc parallel twin, loads of grunt - but that engine revved so fast, you were throwing gears it at constantly :D

Would happily have one myself.

Soldato
Bought a front stand for it. And Love Handles for the girlfriend. She already has some so these are for me. ;) (she doesn't read this so I can get away with it a little. ;) )

I will be changing the oil and filter (have already).
I will take the wheels off, get tyres taken off, then I might strip the paint off and polish them (still deciding), then refit new tyres if I can find someone to fit tyres I didn't buy from them. I'll give swingarm a good clean and refit. Tyres on BT016s but 10yrs old.... grippy but need it warm and I think the girlfriend on the back holds me back but I can't do 90mph cornering really as I don't trust the tyres (she loves it when I go fast however and is the worst passenger ever lol).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Finally found a ramp setup that means I can get it up on the patio and turned round to get it back out.

Maneuvering 250kg of bike on deep loose gravel is not fun, next on the list is shoveling it all out the way.

Soldato
Sold the SV, there was some dust in the air that gave me a slightly damp eye as it was wheeled away :o

:( :( Mine went at the end of July, too after 5 years of ownership! Fortunately it went to my ex, so not only do i know it'll get looked after but it means I'll definitely get to take it out again in the future :p

Today, i decided I wasn't going to switch the XJ6 for a CB1000R, and therefore I need to source a quickshifter between now and Feb(away with work) I don't need anything more than a 600, it's a great bike to ride. But then i went back on it again and wasn't sure :p

Soldato
Healtech quick shifter.
Easier to fit than most as you don't need to mess with the shift rod, it'll also work on bikes that don't have a shift rod. All settings altered via an app on your phone. Been running one now for the last three seasons and it's been faultless.

Soldato
Healtech quick shifter.
Easier to fit than most as you don't need to mess with the shift rod, it'll also work on bikes that don't have a shift rod. All settings altered via an app on your phone. Been running one now for the last three seasons and it's been faultless.

I think these are the ones i've been looking at reviews for on Youtube! I'm also tempted to change it to GP shift which I'd do at the same time as a quickshifter :p

Transmission breaker
Don
New radiator fitted to the 400rr, and also sorted out a leak from the front brake.
Also new head/manifold squash gaskets fitted. Was a bit impatient doing them up, so need to give them all a but more as it was a tad loud when I test rode it up the road again.
Also refitted the air filter, housing and fuel tank.
It's starting to look like a bike again now.

Will update the thread later when I can get the files sorted.

Desperately needs a chain now also. It was fine for a first gear pootle up and down, but not much more.

Man of Honour
Fitted a new YSS shock to replace the 21 year old Honda part the other day, so gave it a quick 130 miles loop through Wales this morning.
Feels much more planted and less pogo stick, definitely worth the £200 and hour swearing at it in the garden.

Soldato
Clocked up about 120miles on Sunday on the MT10SP I just bought..
120miles may not sound much to you mainland guys but on an island that only about 6 miles long and only 20miles all the way around :p

This bike really no likes doing 20mph or anything under that in traffic :( think am going to try a smaller front sprocket on it to see if this helps..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Clocked up about 120miles on Sunday on the MT10SP I just bought..
120miles may not sound much to you mainland guys but on an island that only about 6 miles long and only 20miles all the way around :p

This bike really no likes doing 20mph or anything under that in traffic :( think am going to try a smaller front sprocket on it to see if this helps..

That's what, 3 tanks of fuel?

Yamaha really messed up the low speed fueling on the MT-10. It's easily fixed via an ECU flash though.

Back
Top Bottom