New Lightroom/Camera RAW update brings GPU accelerated editing at long last

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
https://petapixel.com/2019/08/12/adobes-latest-lightroom-update-improves-performance-and-workflow/

Thought this was thread worthy given the frustration many have with choppy editing in LR especially after you've made some changes to a RAW and have a larger res display.

Personally the GPU acceleration setting for camera RAW LR currently has works well but I know things could be faster/smoother still when editing, so am looking forward to this tomorrow as am currently in the middle of editing two shoots so kind of perfect timing to compare against. Wondering if this update also includes GPU acceleration for exports...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Make sure to enable full acceleration as it's set to auto by default so may or may not actually use full:

GPUaccell.jpg

A noticeable improvement for me when working between images, previewing presets, applying adjustments etc. All the stuff Adobe noted as improved basically.

Could never run the cursor along presets like this and get instant previews:

LightroomGPU.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
Make sure to enable full acceleration as it's set to auto by default so may or may not actually use full:

GPUaccell.jpg

A noticeable improvement for me when working between images, previewing presets, applying adjustments etc. All the stuff Adobe noted as improved basically.

Could never run the cursor along presets like this and get instant previews:

LightroomGPU.gif

Ok thanks i will give it a go. what about in catalogue mode scrolling through 1000's of pics? Does it perform better than photo mechanic for viewing and culling?

Soldato
Doesn't work for me, 'Graphics Processor Acceleration Not Supported'. Even though my pc is powerful enough. Might be that I'm using cleaned drivers and windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom