PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
A couple of us were playing on the OCUK Discord on Friday, hopefully going to continue breathing some more life into the PUBG channels on there.
I'm planning to be on mostly on Wed/Fri evenings from about 8pm.

DG has also mentioned that him and the gang he often plays with have formed their own channel, you'll need to add him on Steam and contact him for an invite.

I'll be on again this Friday from teatime onwards. Hopefully we can get a full squad this time. I can play most nights but in the week because kids/dogs/wife I don't chat on the headset.

Associate
Interesting sound tweaks to be made:

https://www.pubg.com/2019/08/12/dev-letter-sound-improvement-plan/

Not quite sure what I think to being able to set different sound levels though.....hope its not exploitative in any way.

The way I read it is - you'll be able to test the volume of certain sounds (as if you were in game) with new feature, so that you've not set the overall sound too loud.
I don't believe it's saying you can adjust different sound levels in normal play. (for Augusts update)

Soldato
The way I read it is - you'll be able to test the volume of certain sounds (as if you were in game) with new feature, so that you've not set the overall sound too loud.
I don't believe it's saying you can adjust different sound levels in normal play. (for Augusts update)

Like what Hunt Showdown just did? You can go into a semi sandbox and test weapon sounds at 100 metre intervals up to 1000m

Associate
A couple of us were playing on the OCUK Discord on Friday, hopefully going to continue breathing some more life into the PUBG channels on there.
I'm planning to be on mostly on Wed/Fri evenings from about 8pm.

DG has also mentioned that him and the gang he often plays with have formed their own channel, you'll need to add him on Steam and contact him for an invite.

I'll pop back on just been playing random as of late but will join you guys Friday.

Soldato
Fixing stuff that didn’t need it and doing nothing about major issues such as cheaters desync and slow spawning loot

I think my expectations of what makes a good update are a bit different :p

Associate
Fixing stuff that didn’t need it and doing nothing about major issues such as cheaters desync and slow spawning loot

Haha yes. Slow spawning loot is just annoying and its not just at hot drop locations where lots of players are or isolated to early drop locations on the flight path. That said when I watch streamers like chocotaco they never seem to have this issue.

I also wish they would bring back the weekend events. Good for getting practice in with rifles and crate weapons. Yea there is Training Mode but its not the same when you can’t kill someone or die yourself.

Caporegime

maybe you should read more of the status reports and notes. they are doing lots of work on the cheating. really gone indepth. it is still a issue though. always will be while its popular. loot spawning isnt great.

Associate
Really like the sound of the changes to vehicles and being able to quietly roll up on someone, that'll be amazing with the bike since you can build some great momentum and then cut the engine to be insanely hard to notice... or simply run someone over before they even hear you coming.

I wouldn't really say tackling cheaters is something you'd normally put in patch notes, that's more a behind the scenes thing that they'll occasionally report on the numbers caught/removed.

What's slow spawning loot? I've never an issue with loot. It's always there and visible when I drop.
Sometimes when you land at a location or run into a building the loot doesn't instantly show up, takes maybe 1-2 seconds to appear.
Doesn't always happen, but when it does in a heated situation it's not the best thing to deal with.

Associate
Slow spawning loot is still an issue.
It's not always visible, as there's loot around, but no weapons.
Walk back over the same area about 5-10s later and the weapons have appeared. Happens very regularly.

Associate

This is one I'll never understand. Streamers never seem to run into this issue, all loot is spawned when they land and can quad swipe items to their inventory in less than a second. I have a PC that crushes streamer PC's like Chocotaco yet my game isn't anywhere near as responsive as his at the beginning of matches.

Quite a big change coming with the sound. Definitely going to level the playing field between those that don't want to risk hearing damage with those that do. I know people like ChocoTaco in order to hear the area in purple I circled are absolutely blasting their headphone volume.

attachment.php

Soldato
loot spawn issues genuinely make me want to gouge my eyes out. only ever seems to happen when the tool bag the floor below or above has picked his up and loaded it....then mine appears and i'll just be mid load when they burst through the door and murder me! i know a couple of folk that have actually binned off playing the game mainly due to this issue.

Associate
loot spawn issues genuinely make me want to gouge my eyes out. only ever seems to happen when the tool bag the floor below or above has picked his up and loaded it....then mine appears and i'll just be mid load when they burst through the door and murder me! i know a couple of folk that have actually binned off playing the game mainly due to this issue.

Ya and if you ever watch streamers, why does this never happen to them? I don't get it.

"
  • The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers."
Wow that is huge. Going to totally change the dynamic of late game as people silently coast their vehicles into compounds.

Also love the weather update. They should never have removed the original fog setting.

Great HUD change so you can glance down and see durability of your armor.

Back
Top Bottom