• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Well I have the Ryzen 3600 all running nicely with the 1080 Ti. Benchmark numbers look good, it's an impressive little chip for sub £200.

It has certainly set the benchmark in terms of price to performance moving forward, and it is about time really, the stagnation from previous years was painful to see as both a professional and an enthusiast.

Associate
Ryzen master according to AMD engineers.
Ryzen master might not work correctly for me as it is the only one that doesn't show any vdroop at all under load when doing manual overclock.
I got two fresh windows 10 installs and it does the same thing on both.
Cpu-z is the only one that shows changes when I adjust LLC...

temps.jpg

Permabanned
Is anyone experiencing issues running rated speeds on x470? My 3700x boosts 4.2 max with a very rare 4.3 on a single core. Temperature is never more than 70C.

Running latest Asus BIOS 2501 which contains AGESA 1.0.0.2
Hnmmm You should not have problems 1.0.0.2 does not have the Boost bug. Assume You also got latest chipset drivers power plan ect ??

Permabanned
I'm kinda solid at 1.4v 3600mhz 16,15,15,32,50 @4.3ghz 1.35v
Llc high, vrm llc high.
It passes 1000% memtest but something is not completely right somewhere, very rarely I get micro freezes, maybe 2 times in a day. And after the pc had been on over night some kinda micro stutter. Don't know what else to do to help it really.......
It's a Ryzen thing thats why I was doing no reboot stability test last week. It's same as tend to do cmos clear from 0 power and profile load every so many days. Somehow some settings in cpu itself get lets call it corrupted and you end up having slow pc and get memory errors out of nowhere. Generally its like Stability degradation. It used to be Very bad on Zen1. will get better with better AGESA as always.

Soldato
It's a Ryzen thing thats why I was doing no reboot stability test last week. It's same as tend to do cmos clear from 0 power and profile load every so many days. Somehow some settings in cpu itself get lets call it corrupted and you end up having slow pc and get memory errors out of nowhere. Generally its like Stability degradation. It used to be Very bad on Zen1. will get better with better AGESA as always.
Good to know its not a setting, just early problems. I wait patiently for a gigabyte bios update, its been almost 2 weeks since the last one

Games run extremely well though.

Can you tell me, now my ram is stable what are the most important sub timings to lower to get the latency faster, and its it worth IF 1900 and ram 3600.?

Caporegime
Just seen today ASROCK have posted an AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB BIOS for my board (Phantom Gaming 4). Is this BIOS a decent one or is this one people are having issues with?
They released that BIOS for my board about a week ago, (ASRock AB350 Pro 4) it fixed an issue i was having with overclocking the RAM, the Audio would crackle at anything above 2933Mhz, the higher i went the worse it got.

This was with AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1

AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 ABB fixed that.

Issues i have, overclocking in the BIOS, RAM or CPU, if the overclock doesn't take it would post cycle and then hang, often when that happens i have to reset CMOS, its not boosting to 4.2Ghz even in Cinebench ST, 4.05Ghz to 4.1Ghz only.

Other than that it runs flawlessly.

Soldato
They released that BIOS for my board about a week ago, (ASRock AB350 Pro 4) it fixed an issue i was having with overclocking the RAM, the Audio would crackle at anything above 2933Mhz, the higher i went the worse it got.

This was with AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1

AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 ABB fixed that.
Same on my X470 Taichi Ultimate, 1.0.0.1 = crackling audio, 1.0.0.3AB = fixed. Still no 1.0.0.3ABB for my board though, despite every other X370/X470/X570 Taichi board getting it over the past week.

Issues i have, overclocking in the BIOS, RAM or CPU, if the overclock doesn't take it would post cycle and then hang, often when that happens i have to reset CMOS, its not boosting to 4.2Ghz even in Cinebench ST, 4.05Ghz to 4.1Ghz only.

Hmm sounds a bit different to mine. If the overclock fails, it usually just sits there with fans full blast not POSTing. A manual power cycle would then result in either still no POST (requiring a CMOS reset), or a few soft reboots while it's trying to train the RAM before it resets to UEFI defaults automatically. If the initial "maximum fan speed" period ends after ~10 seconds and it reboots itself fine then chances are I will at least get to Windows.

Soldato
Same on my X470 Taichi Ultimate, 1.0.0.1 = crackling audio, 1.0.0.3AB = fixed. Still no 1.0.0.3ABB for my board though, despite every other X370/X470/X570 Taichi board getting it over the past week.
Same with posting as both you guys, either sticks in a loop or maxi fans of something I changed isn't acceptable

Hmm sounds a bit different to mine. If the overclock fails, it usually just sits there with fans full blast not POSTing. A manual power cycle would then result in either still no POST (requiring a CMOS reset), or a few soft reboots while it's trying to train the RAM before it resets to UEFI defaults automatically. If the initial "maximum fan speed" period ends after ~10 seconds and it reboots itself fine then chances are I will at least get to Windows.

Weird everything I typed disappeared

Last edited:
Caporegime

That is what mine does, tho sometimes it will try a couple post cycles before just sitting there with a black screen and the fans blaring away...

Caporegime
@humbug deffo sounds as you said 'flawless' lol You guys dont have 1.0.0.2 bios for x370/x470 ASRock motherboards ?? @DragonQ ??

"Other than" :)

ASRock didn't release 1.0.0.2 for my board.

Back
Top Bottom