Need For Speed HEAT (going back to its roots?)

Soldato
Had a read but can't figure out exactly what it's going to be? Do you think it's going back to it's roots as in Hot Pursuit or Underground? Underground, ProStreet, MW and Shift are their most popular titles by far, they'd do well going back to that Gran Turismo style structure imo. Carbon was sick too.

Soldato
It doesn't look like it'll be going back to its roots which for me is NfS2 and 3. It looks a bit like Most Wanted 2005.

Word is that this game will have a "dark and gritty" storyline

Eugh why does the NfS series keep trying at this!? How can anyone possibly create a great story that only requires people to drive about a lot? They'll then have the problem of the cutscenes (e.g. shooting dudes) being more exciting than the actual game!

I'm not very excited for this :(

Soldato
It doesn't look like it'll be going back to its roots which for me is NfS2 and 3. It looks a bit like Most Wanted 2005.

Eugh why does the NfS series keep trying at this!? How can anyone possibly create a great story that only requires people to drive about a lot? They'll then have the problem of the cutscenes (e.g. shooting dudes) being more exciting than the actual game!

I'm not very excited for this :(

For me NFS starts and stops with the underground series, all other NFS games have been absolute pants. Underground is the one most ppl seem to talk about and yearn for again, yet EA seem so engrossed in these lame story type things.

Just give me hundreds of cars, masses of customisation and an underground racing scene.

Soldato
no im thinking the original NFS
or even Porsche Unleashed (but all manufacturers)

announcement tomorrow, we shall see

I'd love the series to be back to its roots but I doubt it:/

I think it's going to be another reboot of Underground.

I'd want it to be like NFS 2,3 and 4. Not open world, just around 30-40 detailed exotic tracks around the world, lots of great cars and that music by Rom di Prisco. I drove those tracks over and over again.

Underground to me is not even an NFS game, TBH. I enjoyed 1&2 but they couldn't be further off from the spirit of the series. Games like TDU are closer to that.

Soldato
As I thought, it's another Underground with a tacked-on storyline. They seem to be totally unable to bring the series back to its real pre-Underground roots, which would be amazing with today's technology. Oh, well.

Associate
I think the last one that I played was the one where they just called it Need for Speed, honestly one of the worst racing games I've ever played. The control was horrendous, it was like you were on rails at times with the car wanting to slightly correct itself after every (even slight) input of steering. I gave up after a couple of hours.

Soldato
NFS Rivals has been a staple on my HDD. I quite like the world they have & just driving around, and the soundtrack is just right. I play it very much like Forza Horizon 4. That being said, I feel like ever since NFS Underground they haven't been able to really deliver a spectacular game. Then again, with EA looking over your shoulder, hard to find creativity. Poor Criterion Games, for example, has been relegated to making BF V modes, as if Dice's dumpster fire could be put out. Sadly with EA studios whenever they make a hit it's mostly a fluke and rarely replicated. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom