Today's mass shooting in the US

Man of Honour
OP
.50cal M240B

???

Also I'm not sure where you can legally carry a fully automatic machinegun - there are some people with grandfathered rights but not sure off the top of my head what the rules are in terms of open carry. Some people do legally have semi-automatic conversions.

Last edited:
Associate
Criminals don't listen to your laws, law abiding citizens could carry a .50cal M240B machine gun in public and would not commit mass murder. Essentially you save 0 lives and **** a lot of people off.

Most of the people that go on these sprees were perfectly law abiding. Up until the point they weren't.

Man of Honour
OP
Most of the people that go on these sprees were perfectly law abiding. Up until the point they weren't.

The bulk of gun violence in the US is carried out by gangs, etc. not legally abiding citizens but these high profile mass shootings are often carried out by those that legally held firearms but in many cases in pretty much any other country in the world, even ones with relative high civilian ownership of firearms, they'd have been far, far less likely to have legally held a firearm and much less chance of having access at all.

Soldato

My point is that people who are willing to commit mass murder aren't going to go "oh ****, I'm not allowed to carry my gun here, my plan has been foiled!". It makes no sense. Who do you think you're protecting by telling people they can't carry a gun in public? Law abiding citizens don't just snap and go on a killing spree, they're pre-planned, and laws against carrying guns in public don't mean anything. They're only put in place to give people the illusion of safety, because if you live in America anyone can legally buy a gun and take it anywhere they like.

Caporegime
these high profile mass shootings are often carried out by those that legally held firearms but in many cases in pretty much any other country in the world, even ones with relative high civilian ownership of firearms, they'd have been far, far less likely to have legally held a firearm and much less chance of having access at all.

^^^ This, almsot no chance the autistic kid who shot up his school with his dad's AR15 would have had easy access to firearms otherwise.

Aside from some keyboard warrior type on these boards most ordinary people aren't getting hold of a firearm in the UK either. London Bridge attackers, literal terrorists, had to use knives even.

Soldato
My point is that people who are willing to commit mass murder aren't going to go "oh ****, I'm not allowed to carry my gun here, my plan has been foiled!". It makes no sense. Who do you think you're protecting by telling people they can't carry a gun in public? Law abiding citizens don't just snap and go on a killing spree, they're pre-planned, and laws against carrying guns in public don't mean anything. They're only put in place to give people the illusion of safety, because if you live in America anyone can legally buy a gun and take it anywhere they like.

There are plenty of places you can’t take a gun in the US (schools for instance) and although you could take one anyway, someone would try and stop you.

Caporegime
The bulk of gun violence in the US is carried out by gangs, etc. not legally abiding citizens but these high profile mass shootings are often carried out by those that legally held firearms but in many cases in pretty much any other country in the world, even ones with relative high civilian ownership of firearms, they'd have been far, far less likely to have legally held a firearm and much less chance of having access at all.

Have a read of "wellregulatedmalitia" Twitter an insane number of us gun crime is just domestics, drunks and road rage.

Like literally a daily thing for people to be shot in an argument over nothing.

A few lbs of pressure and a fraction of an inch is just so much easier in tbe heat of the moment than the dozen or so stabbings it takes otherwise

Caporegime
You're right, you arent. You're suggesting alcohol has some sort of relevance in protecting free speech and against a tyrannical government.

Really clutching at straws here arent you? I cant wait to read your next unrelated extreme comparison.

Your suggesting random gun ownership had anything to do with the need for a well regulated militia?

Surely that would be the national guard? Not Billy Bob and his are knock off and bump stock he sprays at tin cans in the trailer park

Caporegime
Imagine being forced to waste millions on protecting people from a single line of text in a 243 year old piece of paper, could have spent that money on actually giving the children a good education.

It might be better to spend it on mandatory psych evals frankly and then reporting suspicions to the FBI.

Man of Honour
OP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49447335

A school being rebuilt with bullet proof barriers and curved corridors to help in the event of a shooting incident.

At what point do they wake up and realise there is a huge issue with guns in the US? Only when an Ivy League school gets shot up? ******* idiots.

Are they sending their kids to school or prison?

And doors that can be locked wholesale across the estate at the press of a button... what can possibly go wrong?

Soldato
Imagine being forced to waste millions on protecting people from a single line of text in a 243 year old piece of paper, could have spent that money on actually giving the children a good education.

Nearly as bad as spending millions on "diversity barriers" in major cities because of text in a 1400 year old book...

Caporegime
It's rather ironic, the Free peach lot want a right respected, to the very point that others are forced to turn the country into a fascist state.

Nearly as bad as spending millions on "diversity barriers" in major cities because of text in a 1400 year old book...

I'll have to say that frankly it's irrelevant if the primary reason is islamist terror, as barriers made sense regardless, though certainly they should be more natural looking.

This situation is very different, the fact that it's a political choice to keep guns unchecked vs a general safety measure that is agnostic to peoples beliefs.

Soldato
At what point do they wake up and realise there is a huge issue with guns in the US?

Never, because the issue isn't with guns, it's with society creating murderous kids who use guns as a tool for their murder

Making a bullet proof school, like banning guns is nothing more than sweeping the actual issues under the carpet

Back
Top Bottom