Other Cord cutter apps ?

Soldato
What cord cutter apps do you know of and what do they do ?
I dont know if I could switch back

Biggest is netflix everyone knows it
amazon prime as good offers similar

Not much family or daytime tv on the above maybe I should have looked harder

player
bbc good Nothing new for month at a time
Itv 4od not very good but ok look is basic and not as much compared to tv

What is UKTVplay
What does Now TV Offer ?

I think it will start to get expensive if everything becomes paid

Soldato
Now Tv is basically streamable Sky TV, so the Sky Movie channels, Sky Sports and all the box set series from the Sky channels you just pay for the things you want ie Entertainment, Sports or Movies or all of them

Soldato
I find if you have no tv then NowTV is quite handy. I have Entertainment, Movies and Sport.

Netflix and Prime are both very good but I find the handy thing with NowTV is that you can just put it on a channel - this is something I don't like about Netflix and Prime. You always have to chose what to watch.

NowTV also has a lot of HBO stuff and they get new movies fairly frequently. I just wish they'd upgrade from the god awful 720p stream when Netflix and Prime both offer 4K

Soldato
OP
Now Tv is basically streamable Sky TV, so the Sky Movie channels, Sky Sports and all the box set series from the Sky channels you just pay for the things you want ie Entertainment, Sports or Movies or all of them
So good if your a sky fan and for sports but but same as what netflixs offers ?

Can be a little expensive for what they offer in my option. IMO £6+ per pass not as good as amazon or netflix and the sports pass is on another level, if they can get the pricing right and offer a little more it may have a chance at the moment it seam they dont really care much for it but just building it (they may end up waiting too long). but I assume this will become a part of Disney+ UK at some point.

https://tvplayer.com/
Offers some of the "premium" channels you would normally get via sky / bt you view

Plex/emby/jellyfin for storing/streaming your own media collections and for livetv in conjunction with a hdhomerun.

Tvplayer - £6.99 a month but still missing a lot of free channels and all the paid channels.

I used plex and have tried emby but never heard of jellyfin.

I find if you have no tv then NowTV is quite handy. I have Entertainment, Movies and Sport.

Netflix and Prime are both very good but I find the handy thing with NowTV is that you can just put it on a channel - this is something I don't like about Netflix and Prime. You always have to chose what to watch.

NowTV also has a lot of HBO stuff and they get new movies fairly frequently. I just wish they'd upgrade from the god awful 720p stream when Netflix and Prime both offer 4K
I just which they will fix the pricing system you can get offers but its not always on what you want.

Man of Honour
NowTV works out quite cheap if you use ebay codes and offers from Sky themselves.

UK TV Player App is ok but sometines breaks. However it is decent for getting live TV on mobile devices or a Roku etc.

I use a combination of a fee Sky channels for convenience but a very cheap package, with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV for films etc, and TV Player app.

Soldato
OP
NowTV works out quite cheap if you use ebay codes and offers from Sky themselves.

UK TV Player App is ok but sometines breaks. However it is decent for getting live TV on mobile devices or a Roku etc.

I use a combination of a fee Sky channels for convenience but a very cheap package, with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV for films etc, and TV Player app.
Do the Ebay code work ? normally I find it hard to find a good deal on ebay (if its too good to be true )

Soldato
With Now TV you just play the cancellation game. Every time I cancel they offer a new 3-month deal.

I have Sky Cinema with them that's supposed to be £11.99/month. I've never paid more than £3.99/month.

Soldato
OP
With Now TV you just play the cancellation game. Every time I cancel they offer a new 3-month deal.

I have Sky Cinema with them that's supposed to be £11.99/month. I've never paid more than £3.99/month.
ive never really used Now tv before so never tried, is that someing you need to do over the phone or can you just do it online ?

I dont know if I would use all tthe packages all the time, enertaiment and kids would get used if it was cheep, movies I dont know would not be the same as netflix and amazon??
And sports at £20+ a month Im not user maybe when something big is on ?

What do you guys do about big evens pay per view show like UFC, Boxing

Soldato
ive never really used Now tv before so never tried, is that someing you need to do over the phone or can you just do it online ?
All online.

With cancellations, in my experience at least, they make you an immediate retention offer (about £7/month) when you cancel via the website. Turn this down and they send a much better offer by email a few days later.

I've got Sky HD with boxsets, Netflix, Prime Video, and Sky Cinema via Now TV. Sky Cinema would definitely be the first to go if I was cutting back. I'd also never pay full price for it.

Soldato
Do the Ebay code work ? normally I find it hard to find a good deal on ebay (if its too good to be true )

Almost always work, been doing it for years. On the rare occasion they don't work, the sellers are normally quick to send a replacement. If that doesn't work, you're pretty much guaranteed to get your money back from Paypal.

Back
Top Bottom