• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

may as well get a super

Soldato
PowerColor and Asus have three versions of the XT from each manufacturer. 'frinstance, the powercolor red "dragon" is £425 (probably a slightly less efficient cooler and mildly lower boost clocks). The PowerColor limited edition is £499 I reckon the Nitro from sapphire will be £499 ish also whereas the Asrock is £425 and the gigabyte is £439 respectively.
The upshot of this is at least theres a variance in the price for what is essentially the same card so punters have a bit of choice here.
So, if you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get an RX 5700xt aib and I also doubt there'd be that much real world difference between the least and most expensive version (though I might be wrong here, need to see reviews first) and if the price difference between the 5700xt and 2070 super doesn't matter then fill yer boots and go for that (assuming you can find one at a reasonable price).

Soldato
And what you will do with the tensor cores? Reduced image quality DLSS on 5 games? Because DLSS with the 2070/2070S is not the same as with the 2080Ti or even the 2080/2080S, regardless if the game settings are exactly the same between them.

I'm sure you've said this before, DLSS is the same as on any RTX series.

Associate
I am getting similar temps. All new build 3700x with stock cooler and at idle on desktop anywhere from 40-60C doing nothing much. Prime95 hits 95c in seconds, Realbench around 75C, gaming around 70-80C. Quite a shock compared to the Intels I am used to using from 2014, my last PC.

bru

bru

Soldato
Who makes the decision on what resolutions DLSS is available for NVidia or the game developer?

And what you will do with the tensor cores? Reduced image quality DLSS on 5 games? Because DLSS with the 2070/2070S is not the same as with the 2080Ti or even the 2080/2080S, regardless if the game settings are exactly the same between them.

Really? do you have a source for this?

Soldato
Who makes the decision on what resolutions DLSS is available for NVidia or the game developer?

Nvidia. As all DLSS needs first to be cooked and calculated by Nvidia on their servers and then added to the games in a form of "ready made for consumption".
The developers have no saying. That is why you see on eg BF5 the 2080Ti DLSS looking nice and almost perfect, and on the 2070s really poor and pathetic like a game of 10 years ago.

In addition DLSS is not allowed on all resolutions on all cards. Nor with the same settings.
And that even with the selected settings pre-cooked graphics, still Tensor cores are slow, VERY SLOW and cannot keep up with the shaders. So the shaders need to slow down a lot for the tensor cores to work.
And that's done either by activating RT, or reducing Tensor cores processing calculations. Which results to poor IQ.

Really? do you have a source for this?
We are discussing about this thing on the related threads the last month. Including here, Nvidia forums and reddit.

Soldato
Is NOT the same, not is the same.

How is it not the same? The GPU's process it the SAME except one runs it quicker than the other, the DLSS/RTX effects ARE THE SAME.

RTX IS playable on a 2070S without feeling like a LAG fest.

I KNOW because I'm USING the 2070S.

Look what you've done Panos, you've got me typing like a BREXITEER.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
How is it not the same? The GPU's process it the SAME except one runs it quicker than the other, the DLSS/RTX effects ARE THE SAME.

RTX IS playable on a 2070S without feeling like a LAG fest.

I KNOW because I'm USING the 2070S.

Look what you've done Panos, you've got me typing like a BREXITEER.

I LOL’d. :D

RT’s looking great in Metro Exodus with DLSS @ 4K, no matter what the naysayers say.

Associate
As AIB cards with their cooling options are just coming out for 5700 and 5700XT it might be best wait a short period for things to settle down and as more cards are available from all sellers. At the moment the AIB 5700 boards have good temps and sound but are getting close to the standard AMD 5700XT blower in cost.

They still seem better bang per £ than the 2060S and 2070S ignoring feature set for the moment. Maybe they will come down in price too if nvidia worry about losing market share. They have lost their excess stock if the quarterly call was to go by yesterday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom