£1000 Ultrawide Monitor

Associate
Been looking at getting a new monitor, primarily for gaming.

I currently have a 27" 4k Dell which I will keep for my day trading.

What monitors do you guys recommend? I have been thinking at the 34" Alienware one.

However there is a lot of talk of some really good monitors coming out soon. Am I better off waiting?

Soldato
alienware should be £750 from them. catch it on a sale on the reduced 850 price. i believe AMEX have 75 cashback with them too.

Soldato
Sorry to Hijack the thread, I have £1100 burning a hole in my pocket wanting to move from my day 1 Acer X34 from nearly 5 years ago, really want to hold out for the £2k monitors in a couple of months, but will they really be much better than the LG 950F as display port still won't support over 144hz @ 1440p anyway making the newer unreleased monitors a bit pointless or am I looking at it wrong?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Sorry to Hijack the thread, I have £1100 burning a hole in my pocket wanting to move from my day 1 Acer X34 from nearly 5 years ago, really want to hold out for the £2k monitors in a couple of months, but will they really be much better than the LG 950F as display port still won't support over 144hz @ 1440p anyway making the newer unreleased monitors a bit pointless or am I looking at it wrong?

No youre correct, the 950F right now is such insane value for money and the new monitors wont justify their price tag.

Associate
Looking at exactly the same for myself. Just had one of my 27" monitors go pop and now looking to move to a single ultrawide sub 1k.

People recommend the Alienware but there are no deals on at the moment making it close to 1k which seems far too much considering how much it has been reduced in sales previously.

Is the only other obvious choice at the moment the LG34GK950F/G? If so is the F version really worth another £150 over the G? I am running a EVGA RTX 2080.

Caporegime
Looking at exactly the same for myself. Just had one of my 27" monitors go pop and now looking to move to a single ultrawide sub 1k.

image.png

;)

(tidied since then, had just set it up :D)

Associate

People recommend the Alienware but there are no deals on at the moment making it close to 1k which seems far too much considering how much it has been reduced in sales previously.

Is the only other obvious choice at the moment the LG34GK950F/G? If so is the F version really worth another £150 over the G? I am running a EVGA RTX 2080.
Have you tried going on the Dell live chat and haggling? It's what I did earlier on. Couldn't quite get the rep to match the lowest price I've seen but came out ordering for £879. Still not amazing but better than the over 1k they want for it. Though weirdly I can see a pending payment on my account for £600. Not sure why it's not the full amount.

Back
Top Bottom