Steering wheel for PC

Soldato
Honestly I'd go for a second hand Logitech wheel, G29's seem to be around your budget or go for a G27 or G25 which should be cheaper. Logitech wheels are still the budget end of the scale so you're looking at cheaper materials; plastic instead of metal, leather / pleather instead of suede or alcantara etc. However they are still built well so they do last and can take the abuse of being used regularly.

If you're only looking at new then the Thrustmaster T80 seems to get alright reviews and comes in under your budget though it doesn't come with any force feedback.

Man of Honour
In my experience the only decent alternative in the cheaper price range are yhe Thrustmaster 3 in 1, etc. depending on whichever naming they are using - think T80 as someone mentioned above.

Associate
Logitech G920 is fantastic for the money. About £200. Anything cheaper is generally going to be rubbish and will break with anything approaching regular use - believe me I've tried them all. By now I could have something for ~£500 but that's how it goes I guess.

Soldato
Not much choice really. A decent thrustmaster (T150 is the low bar) or Logitech (G27, G29, G920), even second-hand. But be careful of the ones getting abused. Anything else isn't worth the penny pinching.

Wait for the Black Friday sales if you can. Wheels are always on sale, with extra goodies like shifters and whatnot. Probably want a stand of some sort. If you can build one, you can do a decent job with cheap materials.

Associate
OP, G29's usually go on sale at around 130 mark (no shifter) around Black Friday times. I use a G27 personally and would recommend it as a beginner wheel. I don't have access to MM, but /r/SimRacing might help.

If you want an older wheel cheap wheel, the Logitech Driving Force GT is decent. I sold mine on ebay for £50.00.

Soldato
Second hand Logitech DFGT? Would save quite a bit and it's a great wheel for the money, although the G29/G27 are better. I had one for a couple of years before upgrading to a G29

Back
Top Bottom