• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Well at least the BIOS detected my USB stick with micro sd card in it..
IMG-20190815-221529-1.jpg

Still won't find an SSD for booting though, and internet BIOS update just says server connection failed. Going to try update the BIOS tomorrow through USB, i tried to do it through my phone but it's not found as a device.

This board would be useless if it didn't detect the USB for updates.

Modular PSU? Check that your SATA power is connected at both ends and working properly.

Well at least the BIOS detected my USB stick with micro sd card in it..
IMG-20190815-221529-1.jpg

Still won't find an SSD for booting though, and internet BIOS update just says server connection failed. Going to try update the BIOS tomorrow through USB, i tried to do it through my phone but it's not found as a device.

This board would be useless if it didn't detect the USB for updates.
I had the same issue. Clean Windows install fixed it. However, someone posted straight after I'd done that that it wasn't needed. There's a CSM (or something) option in the boot config. Try using that.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Guess they have lost another customer. Sod paying £70 extra for the same items.

The problem is it’s not just ocuk that’s put the prices up they all have and on the 3900x ocuk isn’t the most expensive either stock shortages and high demand makes price go up. This is why I miss rrp prices. I can only talk about my purchases but I got the 3900x from ocuk at the 479.99 now at current prices the cpu doesn’t seem as good value which is a shame it’s a cracking cpu it really is but getting closer to 550 which I can see it hitting at current stock levels and demand makes it a lot less attractive for buyers.

Intel and the 9900k was the same though when that first come out I was ready to pull the trigger on that cpu but I swooped jobs when it first come out and was waiting for my new payday wasn’t paid for nearly 7 weeks and by the time I could afford it I said no to the 600 pounds ocuk was asking (and other retailers ) and decided to wait for the new and cpu. Was hoping it was a March release but they moved the date to July waited and waited very impatiently:) hope either the 3900x was as good as it was or intel would have a decent sale before this come out (which they didn’t) and brought the 3900x on release day though ocuk

Glad I did exp with price increases we’ve had

Soldato
The problem is it’s not just ocuk that’s put the prices up they all have and on the 3900x ocuk isn’t the most expensive either stock shortages and high demand makes price go up. This is why I miss rrp prices. I can only talk about my purchases but I got the 3900x from ocuk at the 479.99 now at current prices the cpu doesn’t seem as good value which is a shame it’s a cracking cpu it really is but getting closer to 550 which I can see it hitting at current stock levels and demand makes it a lot less attractive for buyers.

Intel and the 9900k was the same though when that first come out I was ready to pull the trigger on that cpu but I swooped jobs when it first come out and was waiting for my new payday wasn’t paid for nearly 7 weeks and by the time I could afford it I said no to the 600 pounds ocuk was asking (and other retailers ) and decided to wait for the new and cpu. Was hoping it was a March release but they moved the date to July waited and waited very impatiently:) hope either the 3900x was as good as it was or intel would have a decent sale before this come out (which they didn’t) and brought the 3900x on release day though ocuk

Glad I did exp with price increases we’ve had

Yeah I can see that there are other places charging even more. I think it was obvious that this was going to happen though.
It is a business at the end of the day and they are there to make money.

Soldato
The problem is it’s not just ocuk that’s put the prices up they all have and on the 3900x ocuk isn’t the most expensive either stock shortages and high demand makes price go up.

I had to buy my 3700x elsewhere and there's no stock issues there. I also just had to buy a Dark Rock Pro elsewhere as OcUK are £15 more expensive - way too much on a £69 part.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone else find the stock coolers are a bit noisy? Mine seems to hum a bit on and off, well hopefully it's that and not the chipset fan anyway
As per Buildzoids video low load is the worst when it comes to temperatures as when one or two cores are boosting the CPU requires crazy voltages and temperature of that core is getting very high (much hotter that all core load) which in turn rumps up the fan.
One core load can draw as much as 2/3 of total tdp and all that heat is condensed in a very small spot of the chip so it's impossible to cool.

Soldato
The 3700X is
And that's why I don't normally buy from OverchargersUK.

I had a fair shop around when I bought my latest system and OCUK was the same or cheaper.

The 3700X is still at release day prices and the 3800X is £10 cheaper than release. Yes they have been higher but enthusiasts will pay. That 3900X price though, for something that isnt in stock. That's a 'get in the queue' price.

If 3950X is due next month. I'm surprised there isn't a pre order up for that. Wonder how many will jump into that when it appears. A few I bet.

Soldato
The 3700X is

I had a fair shop around when I bought my latest system and OCUK was the same or cheaper.

The 3700X is still at release day prices and the 3800X is £10 cheaper than release. Yes they have been higher but enthusiasts will pay. That 3900X price though, for something that isnt in stock. That's a 'get in the queue' price.

If 3950X is due next month. I'm surprised there isn't a pre order up for that. Wonder how many will jump into that when it appears. A few I bet.

Seriously? A 'get in the queue' price hike? Are you joking?

It's more than likely, especially with the ease of Google and other online retailers to be a 'go somewhere else' fee. I've purchased from OCUK in the past, but when some of the CPUs are nigh on £100 more (i9 9900k) for example then I look elsewhere. It's just pure greed.

M.

Back
Top Bottom