• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Finally, I'm back home and my AE is placed and purring like a kitten. Talk of noise is unfounded. It does run hot though. My plan all along was to give the best $400 card a waterblock and complete my loop so temps be damned.

Someone, Betsy maybe, already said this but if you have mates with a x370 Asus board, 3rd gen Ryzen and the 5700 XT they will have an unimaginable bad time with incompatibility. The secret is to change the Asus x370 bios PCIe setting from Auto to Gen 3. 10 hours of acute headache for that.

Here's the rig:
tV5036Z.jpg
ol4sGSW

Soldato
Finally, I'm back home and my AE is placed and purring like a kitten. Talk of noise is unfounded. It does run hot though. My plan all along was to give the best $400 card a waterblock and complete my loop so temps be damned.

Someone, Betsy maybe, already said this but if you have mates with a x370 Asus board, 3rd gen Ryzen and the 5700 XT they will have an unimaginable bad time with incompatibility. The secret is to change the Asus x370 bios PCIe setting from Auto to Gen 3. 10 hours of acute headache for that.

Here's the rig:
tV5036Z.jpg
ol4sGSW

Nice build. My Red Devil should arrive Monday, will be nice to get it all finally assembled. How come your motherboard is upside down?

Soldato
Pretty much at the giving up stage now, tried literally everything I can think of doing but still get repeated BSOD and system lock ups after installing the 5700XT.

Done multiple fresh windows installations, tried numerous display driver versions but still happens, if its not an out right BSOD with the usual atikmdag.sys, screen goes blank (sound still in background) and I'm forced to do a manual reset. Shouldn't be a PSU problem its only 18 months old (Seasonic Focus Plus 750w Gold).

Soldato
Can't be the display cables, I have 3 screens, each on its own cable, they all go blank with "no signal" when it does the blank screen thing, otherwise its just a straight up BSOD.

Everything up to date, BIOS, Windows (1903), chipset drivers, CPU at stock settings. Tried latest AMD drivers, and previous versions. The BSOD crashes can happen while gaming or just browsing websites, specially sites like youtube or twitch where video is played.

Associate

Here's the rig:
tV5036Z.jpg
ol4sGSW

Try Wattman and use Auto Undervolt. Temps will go down and Core Clock will boost higher.

Nice build.

Soldato
Can't be the display cables, I have 3 screens, each on its own cable, they all go blank with "no signal" when it does the blank screen thing, otherwise its just a straight up BSOD.

Everything up to date, BIOS, Windows (1903), chipset drivers, CPU at stock settings. Tried latest AMD drivers, and previous versions. The BSOD crashes can happen while gaming or just browsing websites, specially sites like youtube or twitch where video is played.

usb boot x86 memtest 1 hour, then realbench it for 1 hour. use integrated gpu if you can if pass both then probably gpu, then 3d mark stress test it if fail then probably a gpu rma.

Soldato

Did you set your PCI-E port to 3rd gen? Might be worth a go.

Here's the rig:
tV5036Z.jpg
ol4sGSW
That looks really nice.
I need to re-route some power cables before I'd be prepared to post a proper internal photo.

Associate
Nice build. My Red Devil should arrive Monday, will be nice to get it all finally assembled. How come your motherboard is upside down?

Did your order your red devil from OCers or the other retailer, I was expecting mine on Monday as well, but the other retailer said they're stock hasnt come in yet, and its running late. Was supposed to come in on Thursday

Back
Top Bottom