Ebay question

Soldato
I have 5 speakers on Ebay which I thought would be a bit heavy to post so I did collection only.

I have had a guy in England who has 1237 star rating and been a member since 2006. He looks legit I think.

He has asked me if I will deliver and give him the costs.

Is this safe to do?

Cheers

Soldato
As long as he pays cash and does not murder you I'd say its safe.. Unless you have a car accident or someone else murders you... Or he lives in a nuclear reactor or has some contagious disease

Associate
If your happy enough to post the items, get a quote and add it to the advert and then post. He’ll pay the postage above the price of the speakers.
I always go to there feedback to make sure there no negatives when buying and selling.

Soldato
If you do, make sure it's a service you are happy with, that has appropriate tracking and insurance.

Don't be pressured into using some half arsed cheap courier because the buyer decides it should only cost 50p and not the £30 you found. Don't forget the costs in materials too if it's going to cost you to bubble wrap them, buy shipping boxes etc.

Soldato
I have 5 speakers on Ebay which I thought would be a bit heavy to post so I did collection only.

I have had a guy in England who has 1237 star rating and been a member since 2006. He looks legit I think.

He has asked me if I will deliver and give him the costs.

Is this safe to do?

Cheers

I can't guarantee it if that's what you're after but I think you will survive this transaction.

As for how to send:

https://uk.ezilon.com/uk/business/transportation/courier_and_parcel_services/index.shtml

Start from the middle and work your way through the list backwards.

Associate
I'd tell him he needs to arrange his own collection service, give him the dimensions and weight, agreee to box them up and agree on a date a courrier can come and collect. If they get damaged in the way to him it's his call then making a claim on the insurance

Soldato
If you list as collection onkly you tend to get a lower price, if your willing to post may as well start an auction and list it as such, probably get more money.

Soldato
Don't budge on your terms as you chose them for a reason. Agreeing to weird demands or posting impractical items always gets messy. I had one buyer sending me loads of abuse after I agreed to potentially hold an item for a month, when another bidder won the item for £11. He was laughing at me for losing £20 but he WAS the problem buyer I avoided by refusing to deliver. :confused:

This is the kind of mess you can end up in if you engage the difficult buyers, choose your boundaries and stick to them:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ebay-moron-success-story.18858472/

Back
Top Bottom