I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Don
I would expect the home point to be within the boundary of the bed. Either dead centre if using a probe, or exactly at a corner if not.
I would adjust the microswitches.

Soldato
I would expect the home point to be within the boundary of the bed. Either dead centre if using a probe, or exactly at a corner if not.
I would adjust the microswitches.

Being as l'm new to this 3D fangled contraption.

Thought l ask but have done a test print everything is fine apart from one corner.

3 adjust fine one is a pig, so l'll play with the limit stop again and see how it goes.lol

Well pleased looking forward to doing some prints.

Soldato
Here is a video on using the new PrusaSlicer 2.0 with Creality printers if anyone wants to try it.

I used the older slicer prior to this one and prefered it to Cura on my CR10 so will give this a bash.

Soldato
Had a busy week overhauling my Ender 3.

Fitted an SKR 1.3, buck converter, relay, 40x20 noctua fan, and Rpi into a new enclosure for the rear (this one), as well as noctua 40x10 fan on the hotend, hero me duct, BL touch and, Tft28 colour touch screen.

Just waiting on some TMC2209's to arrive and can try it all out! Hoping it's going to be a lot quieter.

Anyone swapped out the PSU fan?

Soldato
Had a busy week overhauling my Ender 3.

Fitted an SKR 1.3, buck converter, relay, 40x20 noctua fan, and Rpi into a new enclosure for the rear (this one), as well as noctua 40x10 fan on the hotend, hero me duct, BL touch and, Tft28 colour touch screen.

Just waiting on some TMC2209's to arrive and can try it all out! Hoping it's going to be a lot quieter.

Anyone swapped out the PSU fan?
Have you done anything with your bed? Mines really badly warped and needs replacing!

Soldato
I got the Borosilicate glass with my E3 and it's been perfect since day one. Got the stiffer yellow springs on there to help keep level, never had any bed problems really. The BLT is just pure laziness :)
Agreed on BLT, if my understanding of it is right, it just messes up your model so the first few layers aren’t actually flat!

Do you have any links for the glass and springs? Wouldn’t mind seeing a pic of your setup.. mines completely stock but I have a few mods on my cr10 - camera arm and pi enclosure made in fusion

Soldato
Agreed on BLT, if my understanding of it is right, it just messes up your model so the first few layers aren’t actually flat!

Do you have any links for the glass and springs? Wouldn’t mind seeing a pic of your setup.. mines completely stock but I have a few mods on my cr10 - camera arm and pi enclosure made in fusion

If you are talking about the BLtouch. Then you have it wrong :)
This video shows what can be done with a £5 switch

Soldato
If you are talking about the BLtouch. Then you have it wrong :)
This video shows what can be done with a £5 switch

Interesting, it doesn't work at all how I thought it did :)

Can you make it checked the bed at more points? My CR10 has a really weird bed that changes height more than once along its length!

Soldato
If your glass bed is warped an Ikea Lots mirror makes a good glass surface, combine that with a gizmo dorks pei sheet and you have a nice build surface.

Soldato

I actually meant I was being lazy by fitting the BLT haha ;)

I'll get some pics tomorrow, going to fit my other noctua fan and wire up the relay so will grab a couple of pics then.

These springs: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013G5I4US/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The glass bed came with my printer when I ordered it. But this is the same one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creality-3...&s=gateway&sprefix=creality+gl,aps,171&sr=8-5

Soldato
Some pics of my E3. Bought the wrong Noctua fan so returned that for the right one. Excuse the mess of wires haha! Printer itself is now powered through the relay controlled by Octoprint, which allows for auto and remote power on/off, as well as external thermal runaway protection, if the hotend or bed goes over a certain temp, Octoprint shuts off all power to the printer.

dawiORA.jpg

o5CKwlJ.jpg

A6irgcl.jpg

Really can't wait to get these TMC2209's in and get printing again!

Associate
Took delivery of my first 3D Printer on Saturday. Went for a Creality CR-20 - it's a great machine and I'm having great fun printing with it.

Just bought one spool of filament to get me started, where do you guys find the best place is to get filament from (presuming they are not a competitor to OcUK)? Not worried about anything beyond PLA at the moment, some nice colour options would be cool.

Thanks,

Jonny

Back
Top Bottom