***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
Cheers for that, will keep an eye out for your posts, thanks.

Just testing with my phone ISP tethered to PC.. Virgin Mobile LuL

Stuttering is random.

Thinkbroadband web site is the monitor, just had a chat to my dude and he said this if it's odd spike we all get the the odd spike but if its more constant stuttering I'd imagine its linked to procedural rendering could be the graphics set to high maybe.

Some servers have some moments maybe try a different load of servers see if you still get it maybe try a server with only 30 in .

Good luck

Associate
Thinkbroadband web site is the monitor, just had a chat to my dude and he said this if it's odd spike we all get the the odd spike but if its more constant stuttering I'd imagine its linked to procedural rendering could be the graphics set to high maybe.

Some servers have some moments maybe try a different load of servers see if you still get it maybe try a server with only 30 in .

Good luck

Cheers for that, i'm getting A's over 3-4 tests so i guess it isnt my net.

Stuttering even happens on lowest settings, and on empty servers so god knows.

Might upgrade to 5700/XT soon so will see how that goes. Like posted before, i tested an Nvidia MSI Gaming X 1050ti, knowing it wouldnt handle much more than Low settings i kept them on Low and didnt get the stuttering but i get stuttering on the same Low settings with my RX480 and Vega 56.

Thanks for the help though :)

Caporegime
im getted tempted to play the modded servers they look nice. most of the crap is working on them unlike vanilla and i do love to shoot people. only reason thats holding me back is battle eye. last time i installed dayz made pubg really stuttery.

Associate
Cheers for that, i'm getting A's over 3-4 tests so i guess it isnt my net.

Stuttering even happens on lowest settings, and on empty servers so god knows.

Might upgrade to 5700/XT soon so will see how that goes. Like posted before, i tested an Nvidia MSI Gaming X 1050ti, knowing it wouldnt handle much more than Low settings i kept them on Low and didnt get the stuttering but i get stuttering on the same Low settings with my RX480 and Vega 56.

Thanks for the help though :)

what a pain, its definataly something on your system somewhere down the line that just does not want to work with it, really dont know what else you could try :(

Associate
im getted tempted to play the modded servers they look nice. most of the crap is working on them unlike vanilla and i do love to shoot people. only reason thats holding me back is battle eye. last time i installed dayz made pubg really stuttery.

The mods really coming alive loads of guns to get you sorted, the very good guns are up the north but there tends to be a lot of militry areas so you can jump straight into the action.

Caporegime
installed it again last night. performance is brilliant now. thats good. vanilla the loot is just too sparse. so thats a no from me for that. modded servers though seem okay. found one with decent loot map set up like old dayz mod and its okay. just relearning things again.

Soldato
Haven't played this in years do you still get hungry and thirsty fast? I found the game pointless and major step backwards form the arma 2 mod, with hardly any loot and most of time spent looting..

Caporegime
download dayz standalone. then get the dayz standalone launcher. here

https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/home

install that . then launch it look for a server to join. when you click play it will download the mods needed. sometimes after joining server you may have to restart the game or launcher then its fine. servers often reboot every so often so if you get no connection for eg its probably a server reboot cycle.

its pretty simple me and mates have joined one called trumps wall EU 1. high loot normal dayz map with grid refference. quite easy to find guns and so on. traders yada yada.

mainly its just a case of remembering how to do everything again. quite a popular at moment aswell.

Soldato
download dayz standalone. then get the dayz standalone launcher. here

https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/home

install that . then launch it look for a server to join. when you click play it will download the mods needed. sometimes after joining server you may have to restart the game or launcher then its fine. servers often reboot every so often so if you get no connection for eg its probably a server reboot cycle.

its pretty simple me and mates have joined one called trumps wall EU 1. high loot normal dayz map with grid refference. quite easy to find guns and so on. traders yada yada.

mainly its just a case of remembering how to do everything again. quite a popular at moment aswell.

Thanks DG will give this ago tomorrow hopefully built myself a new PC would be nice to playing something closer to the arma 2 dayz with updated graphics .

Soldato
Associate
I think what @clubb699 was referring to is the Thinkbroadband monitor tool here:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Your modem/router needs to allow external ICMP requests (to be pinged) and it plots this over the course of the day showing any changes in the connection.

Yeah that is it cheers,

Another good server if you like to loot and get cash to buy stuff with safe zones is [UK-EU] The resistance Modded 1PP 1#or 2# or theres 3# this runs so smooth for me.

Associate
It needs a mod like the old overwatch though as it's still too long to get a gun and ammo while everyone it seems is KOS oriented
Would so like to see bikes and missions like the old epoch. I suppose air drops are a little like that now
But still a massive improvement on where it was and the map is very good now

Soldato
I really don't think this game will ever reach the same levels of the Arma 2 mod. When it first came out god damn it was a game I could play for hours upon hours. Think I've barely got 20 hours, probably not even 10 on the standalone

Caporegime
probably wont new is a whole different thing. along with hype. what dayz was is like pubg now.

mods make standalone playable. decent. trumps wall eu2 has most of what the old mod as.

Associate
Yeah that is it cheers,

Another good server if you like to loot and get cash to buy stuff with safe zones is [UK-EU] The resistance Modded 1PP 1#or 2# or theres 3# this runs so smooth for me.

I've given that one a go. Decent loot so it doesn't take too long to get up and going. I've been playing the MTAS servers but they seem to take a long time to get a gun with ammo

Back
Top Bottom