• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Did your order your red devil from OCers or the other retailer, I was expecting mine on Monday as well, but the other retailer said they're stock hasnt come in yet, and its running late. Was supposed to come in on Thursday

Another retailer. I got my order in pretty early, I suspect they had a lot of preorders and the first allocation sold out. I've got my tracking information from DPD, will be here Monday.

Soldato
Well that just blows, they told me they hadn't even received their first stock yet.

I suspect some CS people will tell you anything to keep their figures up. These low early stock high demand tech items are a real lottery. I was expecting the end of next week, I set my expectations low these days!

Associate
Did your order your red devil from OCers or the other retailer, I was expecting mine on Monday as well, but the other retailer said they're stock hasnt come in yet, and its running late. Was supposed to come in on Thursday

If it's who I think it is they are now saying expected 16 September but they've already got your money. Look on Powecolor's facebook page loads of people from all over Europe and Australia complaining about no availability. Talk about vapourware LOL it's a complete joke IMHO. The Sapphire Pulse is supposed to be available on that other site on 20 August and if it isn't I'm going to get the Palit 2070 Super Gamerock for sure. It's about £70 dearer but comes with two games I will play and of course RT and DLSS which it's better to have than not I suppose.

I'm off from next Thursday until first Monday in September so loads of time to uninstall/reinstall W10 with all new NV drivers and just move on TBH. Now NV support freesync I'm no longer tied to AMD and if the AIB's can't come up with the cards in a timely manner just forget it.

Associate
Really hoping for AMD to improve the drivers for Navi more, still have issues but I like the performance so far.

s71xfjCl.jpg

Mebpbnal.jpg

(fun fact, that PSU is 9 years old)

Associate
It's really getting a bit silly now. There appears to be NO AIB CARDS available in the UK or even the whole of Europe
laugh.gif
What's going on? They're not sold out they're just not available at all so WTF are the AIB partners doing?

On most UK sites the Powercolor Red Devil is not available until 16/09 at the earliest so do they really think they're going to sell a lot or, if you're like me, you just buy a competing card or just say don't bother AMD I'll buy a 2070S instead because I can drive to my local retailer on Monday and buy one. I can't do that with an AMD AIB card.

If by next Thursday there are no Sapphire/Powercolor cards to buy I'm getting the 2070S which at least has two games and RT/DLSS even if I'm not bothered about it.

I suppose either AMD haven't given them enough chips or else they massively underestimated the demand but either way this is not a good situation for the AIB partners who only sell AMD cards. AMD's GPU market share is only about 20% at best and if they lose long time customers like me it will shrink even further.

Sad but true I'm afraid but both AMD and the AIB's need to deliver quickly otherwise they might end up with cards they can't sell or to sell them they need to massively discount the price. If the Powerclor Red Devil had been available at launch for £449 I'd have bought without thinking. Now I think I'll give it a wide berth if it's not available for another month orr so.

Soldato
Exchange rate is fine as used to be. $1.21, which is eliminated by the VAT. (FYI MSRP doesn't include US regional sales tax).
However what we have here is AMD doesn't sell directly on it's shop the 5700XT any more as it did. Nor Nvidia is selling to UK 2060S/2070S/2080S directly.

Hence the prices have skyrocketed at the stores for all those products.
Some might complain about weak pound, but against the USD hasn't been any big change.
But the issue is with the €. Which just in the last 2 months the pound lost 10% of it's value against it and some importers are buying in € not $, or are owned by parents companies in EU. :rolleyes:

However you will find that UK has pretty descent prices. The 5700XT Pulse goes for £425. (MSRP $410) In EU you cannot find it lower than €470, even if today's exchange rate is £1-€1/€0.9 on many banks, after conversion charges.

$1.21 to £1 isn't normal. Not that I think it's down to exchange rates either.

IsUvIr8_d.jpg

Soldato
Yea I require my PC to be to my left and I also require a window. Only "inverted" cases fit that bill.

Dont have this? https://i.imgur.com/ehyvRcN.jpg

Nope, none of those options on the Asus TUF X470, even overclocking is extremely basic.

Anyway think I have found the solution, it was AMD Enhanced Sync causing the problem, disabled it and not had a crash since.

Associate
It's really getting a bit silly now. There appears to be NO AIB CARDS available in the UK or even the whole of Europe
laugh.gif
What's going on? They're not sold out they're just not available at all so WTF are the AIB partners doing?

On most UK sites the Powercolor Red Devil is not available until 16/09 at the earliest so do they really think they're going to sell a lot or, if you're like me, you just buy a competing card or just say don't bother AMD I'll buy a 2070S instead because I can drive to my local retailer on Monday and buy one. I can't do that with an AMD AIB card.

If by next Thursday there are no Sapphire/Powercolor cards to buy I'm getting the 2070S which at least has two games and RT/DLSS even if I'm not bothered about it.

I suppose either AMD haven't given them enough chips or else they massively underestimated the demand but either way this is not a good situation for the AIB partners who only sell AMD cards. AMD's GPU market share is only about 20% at best and if they lose long time customers like me it will shrink even further.

Sad but true I'm afraid but both AMD and the AIB's need to deliver quickly otherwise they might end up with cards they can't sell or to sell them they need to massively discount the price. If the Powerclor Red Devil had been available at launch for £449 I'd have bought without thinking. Now I think I'll give it a wide berth if it's not available for another month orr so.

Im dangerously close to buying a 2070 super, if my pre-ordered red devil doesnt come next week.

Its an absolute **** show. Its the first release of high end AMD GPUs for ages (ignoring VII) on a whole new architecture, of course they were going to be popular.

Soldato
It's about £70 dearer but comes with two games I will play and of course RT and DLSS which it's better to have than not I suppose.

i have the 2070fe and both of those features are pretty much useless. the gamerock was a nice 1080 card, for these cards you need triple fans and the devil will be well worth the small wait imho.

the tales of woe on these forums from years gone past are stuff of legend.

when i were lad on here you used to wait 3 months from pre-order and then you were lucky if it even turned up.

Associate
i have the 2070fe and both of those features are pretty much useless. the gamerock was a nice 1080 card, for these cards you need triple fans and the devil will be well worth the small wait imho.

the tales of woe on these forums from years gone past are stuff of legend.

when i were lad on here you used to wait 3 months from pre-order and then you were lucky if it even turned up.

Having seen the reviews of the Palit card it beats the Red Devil quiet easily at 1440p which is what I game at. The 5700XT is a mid-range card and the lack of AIB cards ATM is nothing short of scandalous. AMD's share of GPU's is <20% so there is no excuse for them to not provide enough chips to AIB's or maybe AIB's are struggling to produce cards that are sufficiently differentiated to make a difference due to something else. Well if I can't buy and pick up a Sapphire Pulse 5700XT on Tuesday at my local retailer it's the Palit 2070 Super Jet Stream I'm afraid and AMD's market share will drop further.

Soldato
AMD likely aren't investing heavily in the PC GPU market yet, nvidia still dominate at the high end but they aren't bothered, their money comes from the xbox and playstation apu sales, and with the next generation consoles due soon further cementing their dominance in the game console sector, they can then point their gaze at nvidia's high end cards, likely because they would have perfected their design for navi and a chiplet style multi gpu system.

Hell if they released a 5950XT type card with dual 5700XT gpus and managed to attain great scaling, they'd crap all over nvidia's 2080ti.

Associate
AMD likely aren't investing heavily in the PC GPU market yet, nvidia still dominate at the high end but they aren't bothered, their money comes from the xbox and playstation apu sales, and with the next generation consoles due soon further cementing their dominance in the game console sector, they can then point their gaze at nvidia's high end cards, likely because they would have perfected their design for navi and a chiplet style multi gpu system.

Hell if they released a 5950XT type card with dual 5700XT gpus and managed to attain great scaling, they'd crap all over nvidia's 2080ti.

Their current console SOC sales are tanking due to Project Scarlet and PS5 coming out November 2020 and with their GPU share shrinking they're too reliant on their Zen 2 and EPYC 2 sales to get them through to end of 2020. A 5800XT ain't coming out in the next 6 to 9 months as everything will now be geared to the new Xbox and PS5.

Man of Honour
OP
Finally, I'm back home and my AE is placed and purring like a kitten. Talk of noise is unfounded. It does run hot though. My plan all along was to give the best $400 card a waterblock and complete my loop so temps be damned.

Someone, Betsy maybe, already said this but if you have mates with a x370 Asus board, 3rd gen Ryzen and the 5700 XT they will have an unimaginable bad time with incompatibility. The secret is to change the Asus x370 bios PCIe setting from Auto to Gen 3. 10 hours of acute headache for that.

Here's the rig:
tV5036Z.jpg
ol4sGSW
Really hoping for AMD to improve the drivers for Navi more, still have issues but I like the performance so far.

s71xfjCl.jpg

Mebpbnal.jpg

(fun fact, that PSU is 9 years old)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Raelgun, Link
Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Voodoo_what, Link
Date 14/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, DrSteve, Link
Date 10/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Potatowithearsontheside, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, R3v4n, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Besty, Link
Date 07/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, willb1967, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, ernorator, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Kevin Matthews, Link
Date 30/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, FiremanSam, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, xxalxx, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, brightside229, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Panos, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, InvaderGIR, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Aod, Link
Date 19/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, BOFH, Link
Date 18/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, gavinh87, Link
Date 17/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, LtMatt, Link
Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Soldato
Having seen the reviews of the Palit card it beats the Red Devil quiet easily at 1440p which is what I game at.

you can see my own thread, there is not much in it under 1440p and none of the cards go over much over 60fps in ultra. the dual fan 2070S cards will heat soak over time, three fans is the way to go with either card.

Back
Top Bottom