No Man's Sky VR

Associate
Update released today, anyone tried it yet?

I have bought it and spent an hour or two on it and it looks good, shame my PC struggles on the higher settings!

Im not far enough along in it to make any meaningful judgement on it yet but the controls feel well thought out to me, anyone here who has played it flat going to give it a go in VR?

Associate
Pretty bad running but fun to play if it does. Managed to follow a few guides online and managed to get it up to 60fps.
Still time to tweak more. Might try 90 in the headset and turn on motion smoothing see if that does anything.

Associate
Just ordered a Rift S to find out...

Give it a couple of weeks or so for tweaks and optimisations, but reports from the Twitter community are along the lines of "Wow.", "Oh my god" and "The best gaming experience of my life. Ever."
It's looking fantastic- albeit admittedly with a couple of bits n bobs to iron out...

Been hooked on this game since day one. Doubt anything else would've sucked me into VR, but I've been itching since they announced it!

Associate
OP
Yeah some of the reviews i have watched/read of it after the announcement said it could be the next big thing for VR which prompted me to buy it, especially as its currently on offer on Steam!
I have been waiting for something like this to sink a lot of hours into VR.

Soldato
I've played over 100 hours flat, and have just gone through the tutorials in VR by starting a new game. I think I'm now going to go back to my original save game as I want to do some multiplayer without having to do everything from scratch. I love the exploring, but not fond of the grind.

Associate
I've played over 100 hours flat, and have just gone through the tutorials in VR by starting a new game. I think I'm now going to go back to my original save game as I want to do some multiplayer without having to do everything from scratch. I love the exploring, but not fond of the grind.

I did use a mod to play normal/survival modes without the grinding. Can't be doing with all that, so I'll be in creative mode until they update that mod!
Shame creative is a bit uninvolving...

Soldato
Not getting any stutter but reprojection basically 100% of the time I am in my ship
B969F445180C40E1BC883F94588D8C9080DD7733
And happens maybe half of the time outside it
458A32C9BC2FC58BA35A2C3F335E47B144270AE0

Still seems playable due to the motion smoothing I guess but needs some work. The screenshots are from the mirror which seems to show some AA despite having it off in the settings (and I don't see it in HMD).

Soldato
Not getting any stutter but reprojection basically 100% of the time I am in my ship

Still seems playable due to the motion smoothing I guess but needs some work. The screenshots are from the mirror which seems to show some AA despite having it off in the settings (and I don't see it in HMD).

The thing that fixed it for me was making sure Steam's supersampling settings weren't too high.

Soldato
I had a read into it and unfortunately it doesn't fully support the rift. Need to look into it more before I purchase.
Oculus Tray Tool will show fps details in the headset, sadly not in an at all convenient position but it's enough to see what you are getting before you then disable it.

Associate
I bought this the other week when it was on sale. So far I have managed to repair ship and get off planet. Flying the ship in vr is pretty cool on the index.
Best optimisations for me was to make sure v-sync is off in control panel and turn off all AA as it makes it a blurry mess. As said before quite a bit of re-projection but has been fun so far.

Soldato
My Rift gave up the ghost this morning when I went to play NMS - won't detect HDMI :(

Luckily I have a Quest and Virtual Desktop, so I've been able to play it streamed from my PC.

It's surprisingly playable, though the slight lag makes dogfighting very difficult (It's difficult enough with the motion controls anyway).

Picture quality is a bit soft, but it's good enough, so at least I have some way to play the game until I get my Rift sorted out.

Associate
I'm eager to try this on my Rift S but currently away from home until the end of the week.

I can't wait to see the scale to fully immerse myself in the world. One of the common complaints levelled at the terrain generation in NMS was the lack of genuinely tall mountains, something that was improved in last year's NEXT update. The thought of that now in VR is impressive.

Back
Top Bottom