BMW and M Power Owners

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
This week I had an Innotech iPE F1 Valvetronic exhaust fitted to my M3. I have a small issue with the vac line tubing but once that's sorted it'll be fully switchable between pretty much stock levels of noise and "totally insane". Fully open it sounds absolutely glorious but absolutely cannot be used around town. Once I get the vac tubing sorted I'll put up a couple of videos :)

Man of Honour
Has anyone driven the G30/G31? I need something a bit newer and have started shopping around. As usual most are 520Ds, would prefer a 530D but wondered how much real world difference there is. The 530e pops up every now and again but I don't think it makes a great deal of sense for my use.

I've glanced at the A6 but the model they've just replaced looks very dated inside and the new models interior looks terrible to my eye.

This caught my eye locally:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908060862442?make=BMW&radius=30&price-from=20000&postcode=le158lh&model=5 SERIES&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&price-to=30000&body-type=Estate&page=1

Reading the above maybe I should have a look at the new 3 series too then.

That looks absolutely ridiculous.

The G31 is a great car but most are poor spec with the base lights etc.

Look at the 6 series GT instead. It's bigger than a G31, has exceptional spec as standard and are really really cheap. My Dad just replaced his F11 with one at half list price at a year old.

Caporegime
That looks absolutely ridiculous.

It has all the silly stick on tat which does nothing for me, and white is not my first choice but the spec looks ok (HUD, upgraded audio). Really want to iron out engine choice before I start hunting properly. I worry a 4 pot will ruin the lazy experience I had with the F10 530D.

What are the base lights Fox, halogen behind projector lenses?

I'll have a look at the 6GT, I dont love the shape but atleast I can stick the dog in the boot. They seem to be all north of 30k on AT.

Last edited:
Associate
This week I had an Innotech iPE F1 Valvetronic exhaust fitted to my M3. I have a small issue with the vac line tubing but once that's sorted it'll be fully switchable between pretty much stock levels of noise and "totally insane". Fully open it sounds absolutely glorious but absolutely cannot be used around town. Once I get the vac tubing sorted I'll put up a couple of videos :)

Recently had mine fitted to my M6, they had an issue with the vacuum on my car so had to wait a bloody week for a new part! Driving back on full chat was abit annoying through villages in Stratford upon avon but now can shut it up at a touch of a button. Does sound insane on full open, like old school F1 :D

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Recently had mine fitted to my M6, they had an issue with the vacuum on my car so had to wait a bloody week for a new part! Driving back on full chat was abit annoying through villages in Stratford upon avon but now can shut it up at a touch of a button. Does sound insane on full open, like old school F1 :D

V10 M6? That must be even sillier than mine!

I'm impressed with the build quality of it, a very well made thing.

Man of Honour
why's the 6GT so cheap?

Because it looks.... Challenging.

However it's an absolutely wonderful car. I rented a 630d over Christmas in Germany and Austria and it was absolutely incredible.

Everything good is standard - icon adaptive led, pan roof, etc whereas these things are rarely optioned on a 5 series.

Man of Honour
I worry a 4 pot will ruin the lazy experience I had with the F10 530D.

What are the base lights Fox, halogen behind projector lenses?

Base are LED but halogen indicator bulbs and a less good looking headlight lense.

The 2 litre diesel is nothing like as good as the 3 litre.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Because it looks.... Challenging.

However it's an absolutely wonderful car. I rented a 630d over Christmas in Germany and Austria and it was absolutely incredible.

Everything good is standard - icon adaptive led, pan roof, etc whereas these things are rarely optioned on a 5 series.
Excellent marketing by BMW. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the 5 GT, which was a brilliant car FWIW.
Also losing the stupid double boot ala Skoda Superb reduced both weight and cost.

Man of Honour
Excellent marketing by BMW. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the 5 GT, which was a brilliant car FWIW.
Also losing the stupid double boot ala Skoda Superb reduced both weight and cost.

A 6gt at a year old is cheaper than the equivalent 5 series. And the equivalent 5 series is about as rare as hens teeth anyway.

Caporegime
A 6gt at a year old is cheaper than the equivalent 5 series. And the equivalent 5 series is about as rare as hens teeth anyway.

I had a look and the 6GT is just outside my price range, I’m looking at in the 15-25k range which is awkward as it only gets you into the 520D G31s really or a really nice 530/535D F11.

I’m just being lazy but I know you’ll know. When does the LCI come in for the F11? Is it worth it?

Right at the cheap end of the budget I saw this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905258328265?make=BMW&zero-to-60=TO_8&price-to=16000&radius=40&postcode=le158lh&sort=price-desc&body-type=Estate&model=5 SERIES&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

Which has more miles than I’d like but would be fine for a few years and I’m pretty happy with my F10, just need an estate and the power and audio upgrade would be great.

Back
Top Bottom