Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 21st August 2019]

fez

fez

Caporegime
Because it’s terrible and can go against you without your influence

If someone blasts it at you and your arm is by your side it should be a penalty because your arm exists? You can’t get the full thing behind your back or potentially react if running etc.

This black and white if it hits the arm it’s a foul is garbage (and also not equally enforced as we’ve already seen)

Life isn't fair. Just because you didn't mean to foul someone doesn't stop it from being a foul so why are handballs any different. I agree that they should be equally enforced but if that doesn't hit his arm thats probably not a goal.

Caporegime
Forget the hand ball then, if VAR is supposed to make the game fair where is the penalty in the first half? It's not even debatable, he's full on clotheslined him from behind yet no foul.

**** VAR.

Caporegime
I like the new handball rule, it is VERY black and white now. No “intent” or “accidental”.

With VAR and the black and white rules it is absolute, no more argument. The only argument is when someone don’t like the rule, not because it is wrong as it’s the law now like the law says 11 v 11.

Associate
It was handball. If it didn’t hit the hand then it wouldn’t have gone to jesus and he wouldn’t have scored.

The bigger problem is we have made a situation when you can’t celebrate a goal until the moment has passed.

Personally, this is far more clear than the offside last week. I don’t like the any body part offside. I think feet is a more natural guide, but that my opinion.

Soldato
This argument that VAR is ruining celebrations is such nonsense.

It obviously sucks to have a goal ruled out but the emotion for the defending team is doooooo intense

Soldato
Forget the hand ball then, if VAR is supposed to make the game fair where is the penalty in the first half? It's not even debatable, he's full on clotheslined him from behind yet no foul.

**** VAR.
While I agree it should have been a penalty, VAR wasn't brought in because it wasn't seen as a clear and obvious error by the ref.

With the handball, any time the ball ends up in the back of the net, VAR is checked for any issues leading up to the goal so it would never have been ok.

Caporegime
Because it’s terrible and can go against you without your influence

If someone blasts it at you and your arm is by your side it should be a penalty because your arm exists? You can’t get the full thing behind your back or potentially react if running etc.

This black and white if it hits the arm it’s a foul is garbage (and also not equally enforced as we’ve already seen)

When did you become a City fan? When they won the league?

Soldato

The ref will have told them what he has seen and it wont have been given as it was clear and obvious. This isnt a case of it being arguable, its hit his hand and its led to a goal. Its in the laws of the game.

Im not saying i agree...im in Purdys camp really but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom