The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
@SixTwoSix
I'm pretty sure the 'other' was also the one in those pics eating babies and stuff, hence why HL doesn't remember doing that either.

I do wonder if they're going to go down the same road with this regarding BN/HL, as that scene in the show where he carves up The Female displays a very different skill set to HL. Then again, he's always being carried, rather than flying in the comics...

Associate
@SixTwoSix
I'm pretty sure the 'other' was also the one in those pics eating babies and stuff, hence why HL doesn't remember doing that either.

I do wonder if they're going to go down the same road with this regarding BN/HL, as that scene in the show where he carves up The Female displays a very different skill set to HL. Then again, he's always being carried, rather than flying in the comics...

From what i remember, BN was cloned from Stormfront same as HL, but genetically tweaked to be better than HL in every way. The big difference was his upbringing. ie trained to be a silent assassin/weapon designed to sit in the background and take out HL if he ever went cookoo. Turns out having all these powers and not being able to use them made BN go cookoo first.

Caporegime
This was one of the most entertaining things I've have watched in years.

Superbly acted (apart from Karl's slightly odd accent that seemed to be a cross between cockney and Australian!)

The guy who plays Homelander deserves an award for this. An acting masterclass.

Associate
Watch him in Banshee, he looks 15 years older and really kicks some ass. I have just got the box set and have started a re-watch of the whole thing.
It is brilliant, if you are not hooked after the first episode I would be surprised.

Soldato
OP
Watch him in Banshee, he looks 15 years older and really kicks some ass. I have just got the box set and have started a re-watch of the whole thing.
It is brilliant, if you are not hooked after the first episode I would be surprised.

Banshee is excellent, sure it's a touch cheesy but roll with it and it's hugely enjoyable. I said a few pages back, it has some of the most visceral violence i've ever seen in a TV show.

Spoilers of course if you choose to watch but no need to watch til the end if you like what you see. It's a great example of the superb choreography and camerawork in the show.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nearly as good as Agents of shield 9.96 SPG rating, The boys 9.95 it really is a such a great show, Cant wait for series 2 for sure.

PayDay Lover
Associate

I was intrigued by Banshee after episode 1, but episode 3 was when I was totally in it for the full ride

Soldato
Binged this over two days.
What a great show. The characters and the whole idea behind it is just great. A few out of no where proper lol moments. Especially the "dolphin" scene.

Soldato
Finished it last night too - 3 day binge.

Really, really enjoyed it - recommended it to a mate who watched their first episode and said it was "too slow" :mad:. Hopefully he sticks with it, his loss if he doesn't!

Soldato
Finished it last night too.
Very entertaining. look forward to 2nd series to wrap it up? Hopefully not drag it out just for cash.

Theres a load of comics with a continuing story arc (not read them myself) so if they go more than 2 it will be based on material rather than random stuff to.grab cash.

Back
Top Bottom