eFootball PES 2020

Associate
While PES 2019 has been hit and miss, PES 2020 will be landing on 10th September.

Gameplay looks set to be head and shoulders above FIFA as usual with improvements promised to general control, physics and Master League aswell.

Not quite sure of the introduction of eFootball to the name, though I hope it's a global brand and helps the RoW view football as football and not soccer. Though the full name is eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer, so it's a tad confusing - perhaps Konami will drop PES in the future...

It'll be a day one buy from me I'm sure although my BIGGEST issue is that they seem to have lost Liverpool as a partner, which means no kits and no legends.

Anyone else excited or have we hit the 'meh' stage of football games during this generation?

Soldato
As always I will treat everything Adam Bhatti says as complete and utter **** until proven otherwise, especially anything related to supposed Master League improvements. Unless it is clear the Master League simulation and general "weight" has improved markedly then I will do what I have been doing for the last few version, that being waiting until Xmas for it to come cheap and by then have all the bugs sorted. Still the best football game by far though obviously, I just don't believe anything they say about the game in the build up to its release nowadays.

Soldato
I'm not buying another footy game until the next gen consoles come out. Every year ea/konami show these fancy slow mo videos claiming huge gameplay overhauls in this or that department but it rarely feels much different to the last year's game, bar a few subtleties. At least with the next gen one, even if the gamelplay is still lacking, i can kid myself into thinking i've spent my money well because in all likelihood the graphics and immersion will be a jump ahead.

Soldato
Demo is interesting - although at the moment even the most perfectly time tackle in history seems to draw a foul!

In my first game I had a defender sent off even though a) he wasn't the last man and b) the replay showed clear contact with the ball well before any contact with the striker!

I'm sure it will get tidied up so a possible purchase for me!

Soldato
I think the demo actually really good there a problem with the fouling for sure and the collision system but on the whole the gameplay is great.

It taken many years to get decent I have been staunch Fifa fan but this demo is great. What sets Pro Evo apart from Fifa is the player individuality players like Dybala, Pogba, Messi, Ronaldo etc feel so life like when playing on this game.

Soldato
After playing the demos of PES and Fifa I've ordered this one.

Not bought a football game for years but after a few games of this demo I'm really enjoying it.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying the demo, feels and looks so good. I bought FIFA again last year and regretted it, not played for months, seriously tempted to switch to PES this year based on the demo. Just a shame there's no option files on Xbox.

Soldato
I haven't played PES in years, do they still have fake team names, kits etc for the Premier League etc?

Yes but there is usually an option file available pretty quick that sorts the teams and kits out!

It's never going to be a slick as FIFA in terms of presentation but having owned both PES and FIFA from 2019 I'd say the PES gameplay is streets ahead! I just wish Konami would put some effort into the presentation etc - I mean every single league table I have ever looked at has the games played on the left and the total points on the right - oh no, not Konami, they thought doing the exact opposite was the way to go! *facepalm*

Back
Top Bottom