Buying an e-bike

Associate
I've read the whole thread ..very good thanks , what sort distance can you cover on a average road (mountain bike ) per charge ?

Soldato
That depends on how much "boost" you use.
It's a bit like getting out of a regular car into a GT. Yup you can "snail along" but pushing that throttle down gives an awesome Whoosh which subsequently uses considerably more fuel.

But that whoosh is damned addictive !

Practical info:
My 48v 1500 watt if ridden within legal parameters.. ie: 15 mph using ONLY throttle will give about 40 miles range before quite literally shutting off (battery protection kicks in).
But where's the fun in that ?
In reality I probably get max 25 miles range (throttle only) but that includes 36 mph blitzes !!

Man of Honour
In reality I probably get max 25 miles range (throttle only) but that includes 36 mph blitzes !!

I've had my ebikes for 6 years now but something I've never thought about but I did read somebody say"My bike does 40 miles on throttle and about 25 miles on pedal assist".
So is this what you experience, that it is best to throttle where you can and not pedal if you want to get more miles?

Soldato
I've never heard of that one to be honest !

I'd have thought pedalling would ease the load on the motor giving a greater available distance per charge !
The reason why I state "Throttle only" is because the wire to the crank sensor is broken on mine so the only pedal assist is literally ALL leg unless I twist the throttle !

Associate
Hi all this is my first post and this is my first electric bike i bought Voilamart 1500w motor controller built into the wheel from ebay
eBay item number:
i have connected everything up but i am getting a error 10 i have checked everything is plugged in correctly via the instructions i am running 48v 17.5Ah battery has any one came across the same issue?

Soldato
The fact they just out right refunded you would indicate to me that its either DOA with no chance of working or they expect their stuff to fail and don't bother to argue it out. Either way its cheap and a chinese knock off. The real Voilamort kit comes with numerous accessories, a better tyre on the wheel and a labled control unit. But a seriously good kit is like £600-800.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had an Error 10 code.

The Controller is b0rked. I buggered my controller because my commute to work is down by the river and after about a weeks worth of heavy rain the river breached its banks leaving about a 3 foot deep lake over the path !
It would've been too far to turn round and go around so I lifted up my legs and rode through it without realising the controller was then under water !
I got halfway through and ... lol... Yep it cut out... Oh...sheeeeeet !

It dried out pretty rapidly but after about a week it kept cutting out and then I got the Error 10 (Controller b0rked) message and ceased to function entirely.
I bought a controller tester and it said it was buggered too.
So I dismantled it and water came out !

Doh!

I then bought another Controller but didn't pay attention to the output amps so it isn't quite as fast.... But that's about to be rectified as I've built a 72v (20s5P) battery and have just ordered THIS

Back
Top Bottom