cadbury fruit and whole nut...

Soldato
At least you got one, I've been trying to find a few bars of Cadbury's Old Jamaica for ages now and nowhere seems to stock them.

Old Jamaica is the best bar they have ever produced yet it's long since been discontinued. Cadbury think we Brits will be more interested in Oreo.

Soldato
Cheap chocolate manufacturer being cheap shocker!

Cadbury dairy milk hasn’t been the same for years anyways although it’s not as bad as the bar I tried in new Zealand , no idea what the difference was but it was even worse than the uk dairy milk, if that’s even possible heheh

Personally these days I’d rather skip eating cheap chocolate too often and buy some decent chocs once in a while, feels much more satisfying

Soldato
If you like fruit and nuts so much why not just buy some raisins and nuts and not bother with the chocolate?

Taking out the main ingredient Doesn’t really make sense heh

Although an idea would be to make your own bar, buy some half decent chocolate, get some with a cacao% to your taste, melt and temper it , toast some hazelnuts, Mix the nuts and raisins into the chocolate and put in a makeshift mould and leave to set, a baking tray would be a decent mould for a big slab. I’ve made salted caramels before and it’s all pretty straight forward , just a bit messy

Soldato
Bought one from asda 200g bar.
literally had 4 nuts and 3 raisins :mad:

what is this madness.

Think I should join the brigade who doesn't buy their crap anymore.

the lack of nuts and fruit made me realise just how bad their chocolate tastes.

If lidl in England is anything like Switzerlands I could pay £1 for a chocolate and nut bar that is more nuts than chocolate and be perfectly happy.

also the nuts in the cadbury bar seem to have no taste:confused:
I think we can expect the same from any future trade deal with the USA after brexit as the Americans did to the Great British products of Cabury after they took over. :(

Soldato
Old Jamaica is the best bar they have ever produced
Quoted for truth. Maybe it actually had a tiny bit of actual rum in it rather than just assorted chemical ruminess? That would be more than enough to have it elbowed off the shelves in this brave new nanny world. Having said that, failing a breathalyser straight after demolishing a bar would be a bit embarrassing. I suspect it would be more like a dozen bars to register a blip though, by which time diabetic coma might be more of a threat to your driving.

I'm now going to wander off and dream about having a Midnight Mint choc ice.

Soldato
Quoted for truth. Maybe it actually had a tiny bit of actual rum in it rather than just assorted chemical ruminess? That would be more than enough to have it elbowed off the shelves in this brave new nanny world. Having said that, failing a breathalyser straight after demolishing a bar would be a bit embarrassing. I suspect it would be more like a dozen bars to register a blip though, by which time diabetic coma might be more of a threat to your driving.
depends, if you've had a mad binge on Top Deck too you could well break the machine.

Back
Top Bottom