Kerbal Space Program 2

Associate
I have played the first a bit but couldn't make anything useful, fun though, might need to get a degree from NASA :) This does look good

Soldato
I was very excited about this having put probably 500 hours into KSP. However I'm a little cautious...

The few screenshots we've got look rather similar to KSP.
It's "still on Unity" which makes me wonder about the multi-threading issues, and rotational issues (try using a proper or make-shift propeller at 2x speed)
It's by a new dev but Squad are still releasing content for KSP...

What I want, really really want, is more reason to visit planets. No Man's Sky, for all its many, many, many faults is at least intrinsically interesting to look around on a new planet, whereas the current crop of KSP planets are so devoid of features. The same goes for Kerbin; I would love more features, and cities (almost in a flight simulator kind of way) to visit. Also, better wheels

Associate
Ohh wow that looks amazing. :D
I sure hope it runs and looks that good on release, especially with unity at its core.

I have well over 2000 Hours invested in KSP, from flying, crashing and actively developing the original game. :cool:
So this will be a day one purchase for me to support the developers, I just hope it lives up to the success, replayability and the amazing community of the original.
Happy Launching.

Soldato
Seems like it's different devs doing this, Star Theory Games as opposed to Squad, not sure if any of Squad devs have been moved over to Star Theory

It's also worth mentioning this will be fully built under the monitoring of Take Two since they bought Squad and KSP so I wouldn't be surprised to see, GTA-V and NBA2K style micro TX if it's at all possible for them to shoehorn them into the game

Oh and Epic exclusive :D

Man of Honour
Im so in... this is the best news ive seen in a while. I spent around 80 hours making what I thought was an awesome inter planet super ship in the first one constructed of 5 different sections. When I finally got it up and docked and refuled I thought I was literally god until i told it to fly and it exploded itself to death horribly :(

Soldato
Initial reaction was "shut up and take my money" - but I've settled down to just be fairly excited now. The new features like base building and multiplayer look great, but I've still got some concern whether they'll be able to fix the current physics and optimisation issues. The new dev team / ownership I'm not sure what to make of right now.

Fingers crossed it turns out to be the game we all want.

Soldato
I have played the first a bit but couldn't make anything useful, fun though, might need to get a degree from NASA :) This does look good
You see you need to get good at KSP to APPLY FOR a degree from Nasa, that's the key ;)

Indeed I do wonder, if the University of Tokyo has an distant learning to their Aerospace Engineering degree :D
As is the best Uni to do that degree followed by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich

Back
Top Bottom