Have I got my AIO fans plugged into the right place on the MB ?!??

Associate
Okay , rocking an older AIO Corsair H100i GTX on my i5 8600k OC to 4.8ghz..works well and is running cool in general.

But I have the fans from the AIO plugged into my motherboard on the CPU and CPU_OPT header.

Is that correct or should I have the fans plugged into the fan connection on the AIO ?!? or does it not really matter.

Also my exhaust fan, in the bios I have the option of setting the fan to run based on CPU or System.

I presume it is best to have it set to system? As I assume as the temps ramp up in the case overall the fan will exhaust the heat etc.

Soldato
It's down to control - if plugged into the motherboard, AIO fan control is down to motherboard fan curve settings. If you connect them to the pump, I presume they'll be controlled by Corsair software e.g. iCue or Corsair Link.

For the exhaust fan, it varies and is worth experimenting. Again down to preference - one could assume higher CPU temps mean higher system temps and simply link the fan to CPU temp. It may be a better approximation of the demand for air flow.

Associate
OP
It's down to control - if plugged into the motherboard, AIO fan control is down to motherboard fan curve settings. If you connect them to the pump, I presume they'll be controlled by Corsair software e.g. iCue or Corsair Link.

For the exhaust fan, it varies and is worth experimenting. Again down to preference - one could assume higher CPU temps mean higher system temps and simply link the fan to CPU temp. It may be a better approximation of the demand for air flow.

Brilliant great advice thank you, makes good sense, since my original post I have moved my cables around the, the AIO now has the fans that cool it plugged into its cable config,I have set that to quiet and my fans on the motherboard are currently set to system (quiet) but I think I shall change it to CPU when I next reboot :)

Back
Top Bottom