• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Forza Horizon 4 even lower power usage. Temps in the 70's & fan was mostly around 12-1300rpm with the occasional ramp up then back down again.

(1440p extreme settings:))

Associate
Forza Horizon 4 even lower power usage. Temps in the 70's & fan was mostly around 12-1300rpm with the occasional ramp up then back down again.

(1440p extreme settings:))

At stock without any changes, the highest recorded reading (cellphone) i got while gaming is 234W as read from the UPS. My monitor consumes about 39w and a stock R7 2700 about 50w gaming. So, it is about 140-145W at stock. Not too demanding game of Battlerite, though. lol

Associate
Well I was just playing No Mans Sky - average seemed in region of 110-115 GPU only power draw:

GH2QAnc.jpg

Something like Metro Exodus was 120-130.

Great to se. Its very little diff between 5700xt gpu powerdraw in wattman and killawatt in wall when it comes to 5700xt for me +8% for wall likly psu eff. So not so sure 5700xt only measure power draw just for gpu only in wattman. Did measure 210-220w avg power at killawatt under Fsx gfx test run. 1800 avg /910 mem 903mv core 52 deg hotspot. Thats with mb mem sdd and 7700k 5.2ghz.120w for system and an aio ,pump 4 fans Gt:s. thats 100w for the undervolt stock perf 5700xt under normal Wc with 30 deg ambient.

Associate
It's not $10 for us though... more like $50! If only one region are getting good prices, then I'm afraid that particular argument falls rather flat, doesn't it. :)

We're talking about a maximum of $10 in added costs for AMD to have proper cooling on reference cards--which in turn they could have sold in droves on release and put Nvidia to shame. The concessions AMD made in order to appease their partners clearly backfired. The whole release is a mess and there is no excuse.

Associate
We're talking about a maximum of $10 in added costs for AMD to have proper cooling on reference cards--which in turn they could have sold in droves on release and put Nvidia to shame. The concessions AMD made in order to appease their partners clearly backfired. The whole release is a mess and there is no excuse.

If it only costs $10 for a better cooling solution, then why are partner cards so expensive?

Associate
Hey, I'm back with some news regarding my Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT. I had some problems like undervolting not working, low game clocks and so. DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/di ... nload.html) solved all the problems :)

Now the gaming clock speed is 1860Mhz on average (1830-1900) which is similar to tomshardware https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sa ... 276-5.html. I didn't overclock the core yet, just did undervolting at 2050Mhz (default) from 1.2V to 1.154V.
Fans set at 22% till 80°C. They are spinning +-1150rpm and now it is completely silent (can hear only my hdd). Core temp during 3D Mark Time Spy is 74°C max and 84°C max on memory. Consumption according to gpu-z max 200w, in wall +-315w (I5 [email protected], Z370, few SSDs and one HDD).
3D Mark Time Spy graphics score is around 9072. That's a +-300 points more than in reviews https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9103/ ... ndex6.html or https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics ... se/?page=3

Had no to time to test games except CS GO. The card is boosting to unbelievable 500Mhz on a core :D

Wattman is an unstable little bit. Sometimes my computer completely freezes, had also a problem with loading saved setting. Unfortunately, Sapphire trixx doesn't start at all and in MSI afterburner I can't get vcore setting to work

Last edited:
Associate
Just upgraded from a 1060(3GB) to a reference RX 5700XT :D

Is it necessary to undervolt? If so any guides on how to do this? Only skimmed through the last pages of this thread.

Thanks

Caporegime

Is it necessary to undervolt? If so any guides on how to do this? Only skimmed through the last pages of this thread.

Thanks

Set power limit to +50% and drop voltage in 0.025mv increments in WattMan and click apply. Test for stability. Rinse and repeat until you experience a game crash or driver crash/hang.

You can fine tune clocks/voltage more precisely at this point.

Last edited:
Associate

Thanks

So far, i've only used Wattman's Auto Undervolt. Nothing else aside from that one button. Saw my card boost to 2000MHz in Firestrike. Games, the clock fluctuates. Temps are down.

Associate

Thanks

You don't have to increase the power limit for undervolt. It will push more vcore so temps and power consumption will go higher a lot. For example, my card with +10% power limit consumes 50W more. As @Orange Nexus wrote, try that button if you want to undervolt it without finding the lowest values by yourself. But don't know if this feature works better then a manual job :)
If you want the harder and longer way, well then just lower vcore by 0.02V and run some tests like 3D Mark Time spy or Firestrike, Furmark, ... then repeat it until you will find unstable vcore. Increase it up by 0.02V and test it for a longer period in some gpu demanding games. As a benefit, you should see a higher game clock speed at lower power consumption and lower temps.

Associate
You don't have to increase the power limit for undervolt. It will push more vcore so temps and power consumption will go higher a lot. For example, my card with +10% power limit consumes 50W more. As @Orange Nexus wrote, try that button if you want to undervolt it without finding the lowest values by yourself. But don't know if this feature works better then a manual job :)
If you want the harder and longer way, well then just lower vcore by 0.02V and run some tests like 3D Mark Time spy or Firestrike, Furmark, ... then repeat it until you will find unstable vcore. Increase it up by 0.02V and test it for a longer period in some gpu demanding games. As a benefit, you should see a higher game clock speed at lower power consumption and lower temps.

This is right. Many push power limet +50 when undervolting reviewers are no exception. Rdna does not behave like Gcn and power limet vs core oc. If you run an test and watch in wattman and have an flat line +-10-20mhz you have enough power limet on card. Keep it at 0% decrease vcore till you get instability then increase 10-20mv and you are set. You only nead to increase powerlimet when you get 100-200mhz downclocks or flucktuating clocks. That happens when card neads more power then 220w(0% powertarget) or temps gets to high.

Jumping clocks in both Rdna and Gcn are bad under load for Rdna and Gcn when it comes to power usage, heat and avg core clocks.

Reality is that when undervolting 5700 xt with 903-950mv core with 0% powertarget 1800-1860 avg core clocks is about 100-130w in total power for the card in most tasks.

Thats 5700xt stock performance at 100-130w power usage. Thats nearly 2x eff then stock Rtx 270 super.

Did test 5700 xt under cold water and 2300 avg core /910 mem with time spy. Gfx score was 10400. And avg power draw was 390w (60% powertarget). So 60w more then Fsx with same clocks volt and power target.

Associate
@Pulse88 I'm able to manage +-9400 (+-8800 with default setting) graphics score in Time spy with my Pulse 5700 XT. And for this score, I have to increase fan speed to 100%. That's all, everything else set to default. So basically these cards should have lower vcore and boost clock by default in my opinion and performance would be roughly the same.

Right guys, what is a realistic undervolt for my 5700XT with a target clock of 1905MHz?
I'm gaming at 4K and 60fps limit.
I don't need the undervolt to be super aggressive if I'm completely honest. Just want it low enough that I can set acceptable fan curves. GPU hitting 80C under load would be what I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom