**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Caporegime
Finally got it here.
Reset my phone and redid a backup.
Very fast feeling again.
Not sure about all the other features.
Most seemed to be aimed for the higher premium models and p30s

Soldato
One thing I've now noticed and I really dislike is that when you get multiple notifications for the same app. Eg Facebook of Gmail and they are all grouped together. It used to be if you clicked on Gmail in the pull down tray it would just open the app. However now it expands to the individual notifications and you have to click one to get to the app. If that makes sense.

Soldato
Got the update to 9.1 for my P20 Pro today - and has two fantastic additions I've noticed

(1) USB audio output to my DAC is now not fixed at 96khz, it outputs from Spotify at 48khz and only 96khz for high resolution audio. The 48khz audio output for Spotify sounds much better than the upsampled 96khz before

(2) Camera2API has been opened up - all 4 cameras are now available to OpenCamera etc for both photos and video :)

Associate
Dunno whether anyone else has issues with a patch update (C782E11R1P9) I received yesterday on my P20 Pro?
It keeps saying unauthorised changes have been made to system files and offering to restore the system to the latest official version
After that it tries to install the patch and seems to get stuck in a loop because it won't install...or does install but doesn't know it has
Doesn't seem to affect the use of the phone, so I guess I'll ignore it until the next patch is available, although I see that it's on the list to get an update to 10
I found a thread in android central and apparently Huawei are no help - they have you spending the rest of your life reinstalling the patch until it worked

Associate
Received another small update on Saturday (332kb) , and after that the looping patch (think it was something like 4.49GB) above finally installed

I'm in a bit of a grump now though since I've realised that I am charging my phone every 2 days - I had been charging it less that twice a week

Soldato
P20 Lite 2018 thoughts?
Anyone own one, considering getting one to replace my dads current phone.

I bought one off my sister when she got it and could not afford it ( silly moo ). I gave it to my son.

He loved it. He bought the Mate 30 when that came out and like a git, he smashed the P20Lite up.

Anyway, as it still worked, but had a ruined screen and back, I bought replacement bits and fixed it up... Its now almost good as new ( but the back has a hole that I never bothered to fix and so its just taped up.. I have it i na nice snazzy case though, and I only use it for a media phone when I go to bed, so I dont care about a camera.

To be honest, its a nice phone, the screen does not like me however and I have lots of issues getting it to accept any touches, but thats because I went and got a cheap screen and so I dont blame the phone.

I have a number of phones. My main one is a note 8. I have a Note 3 thats gone so slow, its near to useless now as well as the Note 4 ( also gone slow since an update - Typical of Samsung, and the reason why I will NEVER buy a samsung again ), and a Microsoft/Nokia 950 ( even though its not supported, its still every bit as quick and solid as it was when new - Apart from sily things, I cannot fault it ) and the P20Lite, eve nthough its 20 times slower than the Note 3 was when I ran then against each other a few years ago, is not as slow as the note 3 is now... Thats with an unresponsive screen too!

So yeah, if you can find one cheap ( and you will ) then grap it.. They are great phones.

Associate
You can probably get the P20 Pro really cheap at this point.
Its more a size thing, he doesn't want a large phone.
I did look at a P20 Pro but still quite a big bigger than his current HTC 10.

Maybe I'll hold out to until next month see If I can score an S10e cheap after the S20 announcements

Caporegime
I've had it for 2 weeks and I've noticed some screenfreezes and keyboard lock ups in messanger. Bloody annoying.

I might factory reset the thing and start again but tbh I CBA. I'm more inclined to get a new phone.

Might go back to Xiaomi for a while try out one of there top of the range offerings

Associate
Hey guys. I've had my huawei p20 pro for almost 2 years now. I'm looking to buy myself a new midnight blue back, new battery and a Usb port or something to clean it with so my charger stay in.

Where do we get spare parts from? Any way to know if the bay have genuine parts with corresponding part numbers? I guess I can take mine apart to find out lol.

I like the phone don't fancy upgrading yet as I don't need to. Would like to give my phone a bit of love back after surviving 2 years with me haha.

Back
Top Bottom