Alienware AW3420DW & AW2720HF

Associate
What were you hoping for on the update out of interest?

dp 1.4 , at least 144hz native with gsync , a 400 hdr spec at a minimum , and not in white yuck!

I would have liked to have seen alienware raise the bar a little not just direct copy the lg 34gk950g which has already been out for some time and is still inferior to the F version since nvidia enabled gsync compatible.

Soldato
it looks expensive AF for what it is.

i struggle to see why someone would get this model when they can get the old one for 40-50% less.

Man of Honour
dp 1.4 , at least 144hz native with gsync , a 400 hdr spec at a minimum , and not in white yuck!

I would have liked to have seen alienware raise the bar a little not just direct copy the lg 34gk950g which has already been out for some time and is still inferior to the F version since nvidia enabled gsync compatible.
I don’t think it’s white is it? Not seen actual photos from the back but I think the Dell pic is actually a light silver finish. It’s certainly black and grey from front view

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/d...ltrawide-gaming-screen-with-g-sync-and-120hz/

To get 144Hz support it would require DP 1.4 and that would require the Gsync v2 module which is quite a bit more expensive and would have made the screen even more pricey. Same situation LG had with the 34GK950G. So 120Hz is sadly the limit

Associate
The specs and the proposed price of $1500 is disappointing. Was holding off buying an ultrawide once I heard the announcement but will now give this a pass.

Associate
Massive disappointment. If you’re going to essentially clone one of the 34GK950’s why would you pick the inferior gsync version? Clone the F version, brand it as gsync compatible and win. Terribly disappointing.

Soldato
maybe lg paid them to release a monitor to make the upcoming 38 inch model look cheap.
the old 34 inch alienware had its place with the superior build quality but competitive price.
this is just so mis-priced its almost irrelavant.

we have a LG 34 inch gsync model no one is rushing to buy so alienware cloned it and increased the price by 40%. well done. i was secretly hoping for some form of top secret 49'' super ultrawide from alienware but they havent dissapointed in their lack of creativity.
the old models are looking like a steal now.

24hz for double the price.

Associate
Also a little underwhelmed and surprised given how competitive the old version was in terms of both features and pricing.

The old model at nearly half the price is just so much better value.

Would love Dell to take the 38" panel used on the new LG and do a freesync version at £1500 :D

Soldato
Also a little underwhelmed and surprised given how competitive the old version was in terms of both features and pricing.

The old model at nearly half the price is just so much better value.

Would love Dell to take the 38" panel used on the new LG and do a freesync version at £1500 :D

At this rate, Dell would take it and make it £2k.

I want to see what Dell could have done with a 49'' ultrawide. That would have looked beautiful.

Associate
Does anyone know when the Alienware AW3420DW is going to be available in the uk or if there is a direct alternative to this monitor? I am looking for something that performs like this monitor and looks as good to. (I am fully aware taste is individual :) but I like the way the monitor looks)

Associate
It is on sale now in UK.
I am going to see if it drops for Black Friday and get one. Lots of people on Reddit Ultrawide master race are happy with it. Shame that IPS BLB is still a thing for these models.

Thank you for the reply, I did think about waiting but I don#t see them reducing the price much a monitor they only just released however they may reduce the price on the older model. I am going to contact dell and see what they can do for me.

Associate
I have just purchased the monitorm I contacted Dell and I was able to get a pretty good deal, firstly I asked for a price match to the well known market place website who had it listed but not in stock, they went a step further and gave me a great quote for 3 years basic support with advanced exchange, I got them to step up to 5 years basic support with advanced exchange for a little more and it still came in under the other website price.

I feel good about it, its nice to know I can return it if I have to and I dont have to pay for that. He finished the phone call by saying "if you have any friends who want to buy this monitor he can help just to give them his dell details" :)

Back
Top Bottom