• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
has it been pulled ? The download from nvidia UK comes up with 404 error when hitting download. File size too says

"File Size: Temporarilly unavailable"

might be worth hanging fire a bit.

geforce.co.uk is doing the same.

Wonder if they found an issue with them.

Update: just checked nvidia forums and stutter problems etc being reported and its not available on US site now.

NVIDIA has found a bug in our recent 436.02 driver posting, causing it to install GeForce Experience even if the user selects not to install it. We are pausing the driver download from the NVIDIA website while we fix the issue. Users attempting to download the driver from the NVIDIA website will receive a “404 – Not Found” message when attempting to download. If you have installed the driver and wish to uninstall GeForce Experience, you can do so from the ‘Window System Settings: Add or Remove programs’. We apologize for the error and hope to have the fixed driver re-posted soon

Last edited:
Soldato
has it been pulled ? The download from nvidia UK comes up with 404 error when hitting download. File size too says

"File Size: Temporarilly unavailable"

might be worth hanging fire a bit.

geforce.co.uk is doing the same.

Wonder if they found an issue with them.

Update: just checked nvidia forums and stutter problems etc being reported and its not available on US site now.

I downloaded and installed it. Haven't tried anything yet.

Man of Honour
still not back up how long does it take them to fix a simple tick box option. I smell something else going on.

I'm not sure if they are fixing it but I seem to have a problem where the GPU is going to very low MHz when idle - and not coming back up immediately on activity like it used to - taking a higher level of activity to "wake it up" to a higher power state. Causing some choppiness and stutter in some applications.

Associate
I'm not sure if they are fixing it but I seem to have a problem where the GPU is going to very low MHz when idle - and not coming back up immediately on activity like it used to - taking a higher level of activity to "wake it up" to a higher power state. Causing some choppiness and stutter in some applications.

Noticed this too, set mine to “prefer maximum performance” in control panel and seems ok now.

Best

Wulf

Caporegime
Whats the best way to update, as not been Nvidia since the 8800s, is it Programs and Features to uninstall previous, or just install the new, and go for a clean install or something ?

Also, do they keep your 3D settings, or do you have to redo em ?

Man of Honour
Wots the performance like with these driver and wot is this latency thing all about .

I've not played much yet but my initial observation seems to be with low latency mode off I get around 5% performance boost over older drivers, with it on I'm getting around 3% lower average performance compared to older drivers but the games I've tried so far like The Division feel noticeably smoother and more precise to play.

Low latency mode tries to get the GPU processing the latest data as fast as possible basically but sometimes comes at a slight cost to performance or smoothness but can be beneficial for input latency.

Back
Top Bottom