• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Prepares GeForce 436.02 Gamescom Special Graphics Drivers

Soldato
did they test any others? nvidia's own graphs show minor gains for the 2080ti but larger gains for lower end cards

Associate
So looks like there is now very little incentive left to go for Navi over the 2070s in the mid/high segment. Such a bummer that AMD had to completely fumble this GPU launch. What a wasted opportunity.

Permabanned
So looks like there is now very little incentive left to go for Navi over the 2070s in the mid/high segment. Such a bummer that AMD had to completely fumble this GPU launch. What a wasted opportunity.

What advantages does 2070S have over RX 5700 XT?

RX 5700 XT is an overall better buy:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £389.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

than that meh:

Total: £509.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

It isn't even worth it to compare them, they are in different market tiers!

bru

bru

Soldato
Where are Nvidia getting this 23% from?

Probably find it is I one obscure benchmark, which of course allows them to make that claim.
The performance improvements I've looked at don't show anywhere near that, but of course any improvement is a good thing.

Soldato
What advantages does 2070S have over RX 5700 XT?

RX 5700 XT is an overall better buy:

Total: £389.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

than that meh:

Total: £509.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

It isn't even worth it to compare them, they are in different market tiers!

Firstly you dont want that blower fan on the 5700XT...

Associate
Better to have it for 379 quid than to pay 429 for a triple-fan design. It's already overpriced and the blower in the right conditions is the perfect cooler :D

If the right conditions are that you are hearing impaired and enjoy seeing three figure temperatures :p I can't really talk though, my 1070 has a very irritating rattly fan noise, should have RMA'd it when it started, but I think it's just out of warranty now.

In any case I'd say the £399 PowerColor dual fan version is probably a better buy for most.

Permabanned
If the right conditions are that you are hearing impaired and enjoy seeing three figure temperatures :p I can't really talk though, my 1070 has a very irritating rattly fan noise, should have RMA'd it when it started, but I think it's just out of warranty now.

In any case I'd say the £399 PowerColor dual fan version is probably a better buy for most.

Well, no.

The three-figure temperatures become obvious because of the way AMD chose to make all the readings from the sensors transparent to the users, and to report the maximum temperature recorded somewhere around the transistors. Did you know that the transistors on the dies are located at the bottom, the side that touches the PCB and is the furthest away from the cooler's bottom surface?

The users can always undervolt and underclock the card, and push efficient airflow around the VGA in order to decrease the temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom