Samsung A70 6.7" 4500 no curved screen ~£400

Soldato
i use fingerprint for bank, and ive tried it to log in, its instant for me
i use Facial Recognition to log in though, thats also instant

I find using the FPS for apps is far quicker than it is for unlocking the phone, my banking apps are instant, but unlock takes a while, hopefully it can be sped up more with an update.

Soldato
I find using the FPS for apps is far quicker than it is for unlocking the phone, my banking apps are instant, but unlock takes a while, hopefully it can be sped up more with an update.

Yes I find that as well - for banking apps, Lottery etc it does seem faster than when unlocking. But I'm using the facial recognition now anyway.

emu

emu

Associate
managed to pick up one of these very very cheap and currently have the p20 pro . liking the size and obviously the camera is going to be the massive difference between the two . just need to decide what one to keep .

hows everyone getting on with the a70?

Caporegime
managed to pick up one of these very very cheap and currently have the p20 pro . liking the size and obviously the camera is going to be the massive difference between the two . just need to decide what one to keep .

hows everyone getting on with the a70?

Mine is ok, camera and fingerprint reader are the weaknesses, everything else is fine.

Soldato
I love mine. The camera is just fine for me, but it depends what you are used to and what your expectations are.

I'm running the Microsoft Launcher on mine.

Caporegime
i use fingerprint for bank, and ive tried it to log in, its instant for me
i use Facial Recognition to log in though, thats also instant

Facial recognition is trivial to fool though.

With the oneplus 3 pressing the fingerprint sensor was like pressing the power button with no lock, on the A70 less so...

emu

emu

Associate
Spent the day using the a70 and have to say I've quite enjoyed it . Camera can be half decent if used correctly . Battery life is mental. Think the size of the phone is perfect and the screen is very good . Audio quality brilliant .

Associate
Been suffering at the hands of my iPhone 7 half day battery and recently got an A10 as an on-call mobile.

Spent some time with a colleagues A70 and I'm impressed. How does the camera compare and I guess Android pay is the same as Apple Pay? Was looking at an XR but I can't justify £750 for a phone anymore.

Caporegime
Had iPhones since the 3G and currently use an iPhone X, but often wonder whether I need it. How does the A70 compare to an X of S10 in terms of everyday usage?

It's very slick in normal browsing and media. Battery is excellent. It plays PUBG fine but GPU isn't top of the range. Camera isn't top tier by any means. Speakers are ok, but just a single speaker and could be louder.

Associate
Just bought an A70 after being mobile-free for 21 years (don't laugh).

Is it just me or is finding the perfect phone easier than finding the perfect case/cover?

I've been looking at the official Samsung cover (https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wallet-cover-for-galaxy-a70/EF-WA705PBEGWW/). I prefer covers to cases. I'd rather eat armpit hair than mess around with screen protectors.

It has an auto wake/sleep function when the cover is opened/closed, but does anyone know if it's magnetic? All online reviews are quite inconclusive.

Back
Top Bottom