• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I'm actually tempted to get a 3600X chip and a decent X470 board for now and wait for the next lineup of CPUs. The 3600X is getting cheaper by the day and noticed it can be had for £205.

Soldato
could be a problem what drivers for controller windws installed ?? Windows or amd ones ??
Which drivers do you mean? I'll have to check.

If you swap to the other two sticks of RAM does the same thing happen?

You really need to install the Ryzen + chip-set drivers, and the latest GeForce drivers as well.
I haven't tried swapping the RAM yet. But I'll try new GPU drivers first I think.

Install the latest AMD chipset drivers from the AMD website (https://www.amd.com/en/support) choose Chipsets -> AMD Socket AM4 -> X570, download the AMD Chipset Drivers for Windows 10.

I would also recommend to install the latest GPU drivers for your graphics card from the Nvidia website. I dont have Nvidia GPU so not sure which driver to recommend.

If still having issues:

- Check all cables / connections / data cables / power cables / PCIE cards etc are plugged in fully no loose connections (including connections on the PSU end as its a modular PSU). No cable breaks etc. Include checks for any possible short-circuits, exposed wires touching motherboard etc, fans are working, the motherboard system panels connections is plugged in properly, etc.
- Unplug any non-essential devices e.g. webcams, etc. Remove any drivers you might think could be causing conflicts.
- Check your SSD drives SMART info for any errors e.g. Crystal Disk Info
- Use "Bluescreenview" application to get more info about your blue screen crashes, might give you a clue which component or driver caused the problem
- Check windows event logs for any critical errors e.g. WHEA errors (might give you a clue which component caused the issue), Event Viewer -> Custom View -> Administrative Events
- Check temperatures look ok e.g. hwinfo64 / Ryzen Master
- I would avoid any of the motherboard manufacturer software like Asus AI suite, can cause problems.
- Did you install Windows while you were using the XMP profile on your RAM? Are you sure your system is 100% stable when using the XMP (overclocked profile) for your RAM. If your system is not stable when using the XMP profile there is a possibility your Windows install was corrupt to begin with. The safest method to install windows is to use completely Bios Default settings ("Load Optimized Settings") so your RAM is not overclocked and least likely to cause instability issues.
- If you do install Windows I would recommend to check you are using the UEFI mode instead of the legacy Bios mode (MBR).
- I would be tempted to do a fresh install of Windows using Bios default settings ("Load Optimized Settings") unless you have already done this.

I cant think of much else to check so you would probably need to start investigating and testing individual components.
I might have installed Windows when the RAM was set to 2800, that's a good point but I'm not entirely certain, I would have to reinstall with it set to 2133 to be sure.

SMART info seems to be ok, can't see anything different than from before. Fans seem to be ok. As for the error codes I have had loads of different ones almost every time it happens.

Here's just an example video

Soldato
The latest chipset drivers seem to leave voltages very high constantly on both my Zen 2 machines. With the older 1.7 drivers, the voltage would drop as low as 0.2 V when idle in CPU-Z and Ryzen Master. Now it is stuck at ~1.45 V in CPU-Z and 1.2-1.45 V in Ryzen Master (using Ryzen Balanced with both driver versions). I'm pretty sure it's just a monitoring change since the cores still go to sleep when idle, etc.

Permabanned

I haven't tried swapping the RAM yet. But I'll try new GPU drivers first I think.

I might have installed Windows when the RAM was set to 2800, that's a good point but I'm not entirely certain, I would have to reinstall with it set to 2133 to be sure.

SMART info seems to be ok, can't see anything different than from before. Fans seem to be ok. As for the error codes I have had loads of different ones almost every time it happens.

This is 100% IMC/memory related

Associate

I understand what he's trying to do there but I really don't think anybody knows what's going on with Zen 2. I can run Cinebench multiple times and not reach 4.5GHz with my 3800X and Aorus Elite but it regularly peaks at just over 4.5 in general use. Just because you don't get 4.5GHz on some boards in Cinebench it doesn't mean the board is crap.

Associate

Install the latest AMD chipset drivers just to make sure its not anything to do with them https://www.amd.com/en/support select chipsets and AM4 and then the board chipset to obtain the correct link

Caporegime
The latest chipset drivers seem to leave voltages very high constantly on both my Zen 2 machines. With the older 1.7 drivers, the voltage would drop as low as 0.2 V when idle in CPU-Z and Ryzen Master. Now it is stuck at ~1.45 V in CPU-Z and 1.2-1.45 V in Ryzen Master (using Ryzen Balanced with both driver versions). I'm pretty sure it's just a monitoring change since the cores still go to sleep when idle, etc.

Snap and unless it gets fixed soon I’m sending my chip and mobo back..

Associate
Really seems that loads of you are having issues with voltage and temp. I am seeing 35 degrees idle and 80 degrees max temp on cinebench but 65 - 69 gaming with idle voltages of 0.9 to 1.2 and then all the way to 1.49 occasionally. Pretty happy with that on ASUS Prime X470 Pro. is it the x570 boards everyone is having issues with or is it pot luck ?

I can understand everyone's frustration here as it would annoy the hell out of me, just glad mine seems good.

Caporegime
Really seems that loads of you are having issues with voltage and temp. I am seeing 35 degrees idle and 80 degrees max temp on cinebench but 65 - 69 gaming with idle voltages of 0.9 to 1.2 and then all the way to 1.49 occasionally. Pretty happy with that on ASUS Prime X470 Pro. is it the x570 boards everyone is having issues with or is it pot luck ?

I can understand everyone's frustration here as it would annoy the hell out of me, just glad mine seems good.

My temps ar 62c full load but I’m not happy with the ,surfing the net vcore ,of 1.48v

Associate
I noticed today that in the Ryzen balanced power plan that the minimum cpu usage was set to 99%. As soon as I dropped it down to 5% and did a reboot Ryzen master was reporting drops in voltage below 1v when idle. Where as before I was stuck on 1.48v idle.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
My temps ar 62c full load but I’m not happy with the ,surfing the net vcore ,of 1.48v

But that's normal behaviour for the CPU. Browsing is a light workload using only a couple of cores meaning a couple of cores boosting higher frequency, which need the higher voltage.

It's not harming the chip in any way, it's been explained numerous times by AMD's Robert Hallock. Up to 1.5v is normal and perfectly fine for light loads. If browsing was any more intense it would drop voltage accordingly.

Stop focusing on the voltages and just use your PC normally, forget about the voltages.

Caporegime
But that's normal behaviour for the CPU. Browsing is a light workload using only a couple of cores meaning a couple of cores boosting higher frequency, which need the higher voltage.

It's not harming the chip in any way, it's been explained numerous times by AMD's Robert Hallock. Up to 1.5v is normal and perfectly fine for light loads. If browsing was any more intense it would drop voltage accordingly.

Stop focusing on the voltages and just use your PC normally, forget about the voltages.

I’ve just installed the latest chipset drivers from yesterday and my vcore is now 1.2 fluctuating not stuck at 1.478

Permabanned
Well Today I had my first Random Reboot when watching Youtube.... Could be ne chipset drivers could be new NV drivers. But I think Chipset is more possible tbh :/ Not had one for 3 weeks or so...

Soldato
This is 100% IMC/memory related
Would you say memory incompatibility can cause it? I thought all RAM would work on any system to a point. Not talking about b-die stuff specifically.

Install the latest AMD chipset drivers just to make sure its not anything to do with them https://www.amd.com/en/support select chipsets and AM4 and then the board chipset to obtain the correct link
Just gave that a go and it doesn't look like it helped.

Back
Top Bottom