BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Gearbox on its way out on the Z4 so just signed up for a new 69 plate (giggity) X4. The style is marmite but I loved it and the increased practicality and auto gearbox pleases the missus as we're currently sharing one car.

Might go for a 4 series next for the home run.

Soldato
Have you driven a stock one on a damp road ? It struggles with traction to 100+ if you are ham fisted with the throttle. I had a 135i the electronic’s fried the rear pads by 18k trying to cam the wheelspin down. I’ve driven one with a diff traction was much better.

I have had a 2016 135i for over 2 years and can honestly say that I’ve never had an issue with losing control on drain covers - probably because I don’t drive it 10/10ths on roads which have them...

I agree it could do with an LSD (I’ve owned cars with them for over 10 years, and my other car has one), but to say that they’re unsafe without is just untrue. File it in the ninja badger drawer.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don’t see the word unsafe or anything of the sort?

I’m not sure why you have your bee in a bonnet over comments I have read which are posted by others about pre and post LSD thoughts.

Soldato
Got our 68 F31 320d in May and it's great apart from every time the start stop comes on it jolts to a stop, more so than any car I've driven. Is this normal behaviour for it? I've tried the ignition off, accelerator in for 30 secs, wait 2 mins drive thing and it seems to reduce a bit for about 30 mins then comes back on.

Any tips? Normally it's fine due to commute being mostly motorway/a roads but at the start I have stop start traffic through a single lane bridge and junction..

Man of Honour
I've never had an issue with stop start in mine, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. The Insignia hire car I just had though, that was crap.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
So my Uber yesterday was complaining that the pedestrian safety feature in his new 5 is too encroaching and activates constantly in places like Camden and it makes the car undrivable. Without the ability to turn it off apparently. Can that be coded out too I guess?

Back
Top Bottom