How much would you pay for the next gen consoles?

Soldato
it will either be 512 gig TLC or 1tb QLC SSD, most likely 512 gig. Dont be surprised if they combine something like a 64 gig NAND cache with a spindle.
Cpu will probably be a 8 core ryzen 2000 or 3000 series chip with lower clocks than PC chips, probably 2.5-3.2 ghz range.
GPU obviously will be more powerful than ps4 pro, but by what no idea, this one I feel is the hardest to predict.

Soldato
I think both sony and microsoft will try really hard to achieve the £500 price point.

This is what's so great about competition. If Microsoft comes in at £600, and sony £500 it's a psychological win for sony regardless if the xbox is more powerful.

It's all about volume, and they know parents don't have bottomless pockets. The switch is selling well, with vastly inferior performance at £279 so they know they can only push it so far.

as a side note, I'd love it if Microsoft teamed up with Oculus for VR

Associate
Shame, really. You'll be missing out on some fantastic exclusives. PC + PS5 is probably the best combo for next-gen.

I'm all for playing exclusive games, if:

1) They are on a device i already own i.e PC/Mobile phone.
2) I don't need to spend a few hundred quid to get access to them.

Sony/Nintendo should learn something from MS, get your titles on a device i already own or your games aren't getting played/bought.

Soldato
I'll pay whatever the price is TBH, I've bought all consoles in the past so will continue to do the same.

I think £599 would be a good price, but with/without Brexit who knows...

Soldato
Ahhh now I remember why I don't read the games section of the forum that much.

Guess the question would be why are you reading the console section, checking out all the amazing games you're missing out on I guess.

I think he's trolling - seems pretty evident from the handful of posts in this and the PS5 thread, that he's a butt-hurt PC gamer, who has decided to come into the Console section - to remind us all just how much more powerful his "Rig" is, and how much better the Xbox lineup is - as he can play the games on his "Rig" at 120+ fps on ultra settings.

I've not added him to my blocklist yet, as I've really not seen this level of 'muh PC gaming' in ages - so it's good for a bit of light entertainment :D

Last edited:
Associate
Previously I've been a PC gamer through and through, but in recent times with a young family... sometimes it just is much easier and simpler to game on console. Assuming I buy Day 1, I'd go up to £500... anymore is a serious discussion over waiting for a deal.

That said it will largely depend on backward compatibility, I understand PS5 will play PS4 which may sway me more as I'd trade in my One S and PS4 Pro for one of the newer consoles.

Back
Top Bottom