Mercedes caught spying on their drivers

Associate
factory option to have the tracker enabled on the horizon when they realise they can charge extra for it :) :)

a factory fit bmw tracker certainly appeals more than any 3rd party option

I Would not be suprised if they do offer it as an option. I would think they offer it to Fleet buyers and hire companies who have accounts.

Soldato
BMW's have GPS locaters fitted, But they are turned off once they have gone through pre delivery inspection. I work in one of the uk import centers dealing with them and can only ask BMW to locate cars that have not been taken out of transport mode.
Operation Cundall would seem to say otherwise, BMW can turn on GPS tracking for any car if given police and owner authorisation. Unless that's what you meant, that they have the ability at all times, but permission only on request.

Associate
Operation Cundall would seem to say otherwise, BMW can turn on GPS tracking for any car if given police and owner authorisation. Unless that's what you meant, that they have the ability at all times, but permission only on request.

I only know what I have been told by the BMW employies I deal with. Have googled Operation Cundall and it does seem they can reactivate the tracker remotly after a police request.

Back
Top Bottom