What is your resting heart rate?

Associate
Mine is always floating around 83 bpm to 112 bpm and averages around 91 bpm. I have often wondered if this is normal for resting heart rate aged 36 with no heart issues, having said that I am a highly strung individual. Often wondered if I should raise it with my GP.

Associate
Mid to high fifties with about a years years of data from Fitbit.
Exercise has dropped off after change of job and routine and have seen it increase 3-4bpm over the past few months as a result.

Associate
Mine is quite high at mid 70s, it never drops below this unless I have been laying down for an hour

39, 12% bodyfat, 82kg and I run 5 miles 3 times a week. Always thought mine should be lower.

Soldato
Wth I thought under 60 was bad news but loads have 40s?

Is that really normal?
17x4 68

Biggest guy you'll probably ever meet nearly 2m tall 2m Wide. Human Square.

Generally the lower the fitter you are but it had to be normal for you otherwise it can indicate an issue.
Mines been 40-50 for years depends how much exercise I have done that year.
I have a friend who is often below 35bpm but he's an insane athlete, running, cycling and climbing constantly.

Caporegime
Generally in the low-50s, sometimes dipping as low as 48 (age 37). Average is supposedly 60 to 100bpm. This either means I'm relatively fit and well, or that I'm suffering heart failure.....

Is that when sitting around at a desk or in bed about to go to sleep?

That is rather low - are you a cyclist?

I mean if you're sat at your desk say at work and your pulse is 48 then that is a bit unusual (unless you're quite fit). If you're laying in bed around your normal bed time then perhaps not so much.

Mine goes right down into the low 50s at bed time and probably below... which is annoying if I'm in hospital as the monitor starts to beep as soon as I start to drift off to sleep thus waking me up again!

Pet Northerner
Don
Mine is quite high at mid 70s, it never drops below this unless I have been laying down for an hour

39, 12% bodyfat, 82kg and I run 5 miles 3 times a week. Always thought mine should be lower.

It just happens, mine can hang around 80 for most of the day. But all tests came back fine.

I also take a long time to cool down, even when I used to train heavily in my 20s

Back
Top Bottom