**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Out of curiosity, what is the comparable price of these in Dubai? I'm going there for the first time in September. I can't imagine the OH letting me drop close to a grand but no harm in laying the groundwork now in case there's a deal to be had :p

Associate
Mine arrived just after 9:30 this morning. A day early and to the wrong address - billing rather than shipping address! Good job Samsung. I restored all my apps and settings etc across from my Note 9. Very impressed, quick summary:

There was an update ready to download and install straight away
Despite being seen as a minor upgrade, it feels significantly quicker and more fluid than my note 9. I'm guessing this is more due to the storage speed improvements rather than the SoC
Charging speed with a 45w charger is nothing short of ridiculous. Mine arrived with 67% battery, I put it on charge to make and a cup of tea and sandwich and when I came back it was at 100%
DeX on Windows was exactly the solution I'd needed for various reasons hence the upgrade from a note 9, and while it isn't as fluid as normal DeX directly via HDMI it is perfectly usable and requires no effort to set up.
Speakers seem louder and clearer than the note 9
Fingerprint sensor is quick and easy, I've hated the rear scanners since they moved them from front of the S7 to the back on the S8+
Haven't had chance to check out the cameras in any detail yet

I'll add other thoughts as I come across features
Great quick summary, I feel exactly the same. No need for my memory card now with 256gb storage (48gb used including contents of MicroSD card)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
A day early and to the wrong address - billing rather than shipping address! Good job Samsung.
Ah I was wondering why DPD show my home address for delivery rather than store collection...
Edit: no that still doesn't make sense as I paid with my company account which has a different billing address... Strange.
Been on to Samsung, blah, blah, blah, coming on Saturday morning before 10:30....
Thanks for nothing and Saturday plans now have to change.
I literally walked into the Samsung shop today (after cancelling the currys delayed order) and paid for it and got a text after 2 hours saying expect DPD delivery tomorrow :D

Then I walked next door into 3 shop asking if I needed a new 5g sim (which we don't), turned out I needed a nano instead of a micro (or vice versa) and ended up changing from my £25 unlimited rolling contract to a 24 month unlimited at £10 for 6 months then £20 for the rest. Once it's up I can just stay on the £20 rolling :D

Thanks currys for messing me about :p

Edit2: oh I know what it is, it's the clear view case I ordered yesterday hahaha! Stand down, no idea when my phone will arrive :p

Last edited:
Associate
I paid for the pre 10:30AM delivery tomorrow, but have the feeling that because they've tried to deliver early today (forcing me to change the date) it's going to go back to standard delivery.

Hope it's not the case but will be infuriating if it turns out I'm waiting in all day.

Soldato
First case arrived

swSdFzU.jpg

Hello!

What's your opinion on the LED case? My Note 10 plus 5G should arrive today and I want a case ASAP, assuming you have your phone does the case flop open? Do you think it overs all the phone well etc?

I wanted the clear view one but it looks really disappointing to me..only a tiny strip is clear, my 7 Edge at least has a clear window...

Cheers,

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Clear windows get scratched and shift about etc. I think the clear view is done quite nicely, not ostentatious.

#wordaday

Soldato
Clear windows get scratched and shift about etc. I think the clear view is done quite nicely, not ostentatious.

#wordaday

Fair point, do you have the clear view case? I have read that flops open to easily?

Just had a text from DPD and mine will be with me before 11:50 apparently (working from home today)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Arriving today apparently. Will let you know my thoughts... but the last s-view case I bought was for a Note 4 so bear that in mind :D

Soldato
Got an email yesterday saying the phone is coming today even though I paid for Saturday 10:30am delivery and I will know by 9:30am my time slot. But when I go onto the DPD page it actually says "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly" and nothing about having the phone, what day it is coming and what time it is coming. Is this normal? Is the delivery driver picking up straight from Samsung then coming here or something!? (Samsung are based very nearby)

Back
Top Bottom