Poll: Knives & Forks, left hand vs right hand

How do you hold your knife and fork?

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm curious to know how the general GD layman holds their knives & forks in relation to whether they're right handed or left handed.

If you're right handed do you hold your fork with your left and cut with your right or vice versa ?

Likewise if you're left handed do you hold your fork with right and cut with left ?

If you're ambidextrous do you mix things up and rotate ?

Mods should make it a poll if it gets enough attention

Soldato
right handed but use the fork in my right hand - makes perfect sense to me.
I need the most dexterity for the fork so i use my most dexterous hand.

Associate
Left handed.

Right handed knife when eating, left handed knife for all other uses like food prep.

I always thought the 'correct' way left hand fork favoured natural lefties, definitely easy in a dominant hand, that and control pads having direction pads on the left I was always extremely grateful for.

Soldato
Right handed, left handed knife.

Makes no sense to me any other way. The knife is doing a dumb job of just cutting, the fork is what you use to interact with the food on your plate and your mouth. Dexterity in the correct place.

Man of Honour
Ambi

But eating is fork left / knife right

Unless i'm re-inactinting the Psycho shower scene in which case the knife is better in the left hand and pulling back the curtain with my right hand feels more natural

Soldato
3 oddities already I'm surprised

To the odd ones who use the fork in their natural hand, what hand do you use with a saw ?

right hand also - again, i use the hand i have the most control over.
I need very little control over the knife when also using a fork so left hand is fine for that.

Man of Honour
Right handed, but I use my fork on the right and my knife on the left. This is not as a result of inbreeding (!?) but as a result of my mother, who is left handed, teaching me to eat.

Back
Top Bottom