World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
There's 4? :)

Like there should have been at the start. Instead so many guilds and communities chose one of the two and are reluctant to move now for fear of ending up on empty servers, players not moving across etc.

I've now reserved my name on Shazzarah. A Dwarf Priest.

Just saw a poll on the Classic Wow Reddit where far more people have selected that they will play on Firemaw, Gehennas or Shazzarah than any other realm but Shazzarah isn't miles ahead of the rest which is contrary to what Blizzard seem to be suggesting... Will be interesting to see how it all goes.

Soldato
The latest census polls indicate a majority of Spanish and Portuguese speaking players are on Shazzrah and the Scandis have migrated to Firemaw and Gehannas.

Associate
They are opening 4 new pvp realms and 1 pve realm on the 26th. This will hopefully make it so we can play without any queues for those of us that aren’t on shazz or the other full servers. They are listening to us so fair game to blizzard.

Last edited:
Soldato
The official post:

26 August 2019 18:00 , we will remove the limitation on only creating a total of three WoW Classic characters per WoW account. Thereafter, players will be able to create up to 10 characters per Classic realm, for a total of 50 characters across all Classic realms per WoW account.

Additionally, at 26 August 2019 18:00 , we will open the following new realms in this region:

Name Type Language
Flamelash PvP English
Gandling PvP English
Mograine PvP English
Nethergarde Keep Normal English
Razorgore PvP English
At this time, all realms that have a Full or High population tag are expected to experience extended queues. We urge players on realms marked Full or High to plan to play on one of these new realms to avoid the longest queues, and to help spread the player population as evenly as possible and provide the best play experience for everyone.

Thank you!

Finally I have some hope that we can play it on the first week.

Associate
Not going to have my new PC ready until Tuesday which means I'll have to start my WoW Classic adventure on my ~5 year old laptop. So if I can get past the queues I'll be lagging like a ***** with so many players on the screen! :D:eek:

Good to see loads more servers but with them opening so close to Launch I feel like not many existing players will move from the higher pop servers, hopefully should mean unguilded people avoid the highest pop servers though.

Soldato
Not going to have my new PC ready until Tuesday which means I'll have to start my WoW Classic adventure on my ~5 year old laptop. So if I can get past the queues I'll be lagging like a ***** with so many players on the screen! :D:eek:

Good to see loads more servers but with them opening so close to Launch I feel like not many existing players will move from the higher pop servers, hopefully should mean unguilded people avoid the highest pop servers though.

pretty sure your 5 year old laptop will be able to cope with 15 year old classic wow.

Associate
On the lowest settings it will although it'll definitely be tested by the sheer number of people all in the same place in that first day.

I think you'll be good somehow. On a recent go with a free trial I was getting 50-80 fps in the current WoW (albeit in Stormwind/Outland) with an RX 550 2GB at 3440x1440 at medium settings :p

Plus WoW doesn't utilise barely any modern multicore CPU goodness, so chances are if your 5 year old CPU is overwhelmed by overcrowding, then so is everyone elses.

Associate
Going to jump back into this but do I have to download all 65gb worth? I'm only interested in Classic and not retail. I don't have an active subscription yet but will do on Monday night.

Permabanned
That is a lot of servers how many now 6? I guess they really do want to replicate classic with warts and all. This will destroy the long term enjoyment of the game. Because really there is only enough interest to maintain at most two EU servers.

I am willing to bet after 6 months that you could and will be able to fill the entire EU classic playerbase onto Shazzrah. But what they have done and i guess they have no choice as well but the rush of people is going to destroy the game. When i played classic we all every last man woman and child had our experience ruined because of population. Bladefist managed to move to Outland en masse but eventually crowds enticed people to move, And when they did they killed the realms pvp scene. This eventually snowballed into an Alliance dominated server with no horde and no fun. This is how i remember classic Blizzard raking in the money and did nothing they basically looked upon the situation with disdain. If you can pay to migrate why is there a problem in the eyes of Blizzard? Well because once a realms population dives off mass migration never fixes it. So you have again been warned these new servers are basically traps where your character will die a slow death. I promise give it 6 months and all but Shazzrah will be empty.

The only way to stop this was to get everyone who has an interest on to Shazzrah, And everyone who is here just to spend a week or a month should go somewhere else. But i very much doubt this wouls happen for a start Blizzard would probably be too scared to admit that they know this is going to happen and they will have to open up realm transfers. This is why i might even wait for a week until i start my Shazzrah Horde Shaman i know within a week a decent sized chunk of the population will already be drastically reducing thier playtime. It is not a game for everyone, But everyone will want a peek to see what the fuss was about which is the major problem Classic has.

Back
Top Bottom