Kingdom Come: Deliverance - open world RPG, february 13th

Soldato
Any tips on lock picking? finding it really hard to open even easy locks

Unfortunately, there's no real advice; other than practice. It was a complete dog on day one, and the patch never made it much better - as I understand it's made for the finesse of a mouse, rather than a joystick.

Try to buy as many picks as you can, and find chests and doors that aren't going to draw much attention - bearing in mind NPCs can hear the breaking picks. You'll spend a lot of time getting frustrated with the process, but it really is a skill that you can learn. Much like the bow - you actually get satisfaction from up-skilling yourself in it.

For me personally, I found that trying to be slow often caused more attempts to fail than succeed - whereas getting the pick into the yellow spot, then turning the other stick faster; seemed to work - bear in mind that the yellow spot will move, as you turn the lock with your other stick - so you kind of end up moving the sticks at the same time (albeit in different positions and speeds).

It's worth sticking with though, the game is brilliant - I can't wait to dip back in with the new add-ons.

Soldato
Unfortunately, there's no real advice; other than practice. It was a complete dog on day one, and the patch never made it much better - as I understand it's made for the finesse of a mouse, rather than a joystick.

Try to buy as many picks as you can, and find chests and doors that aren't going to draw much attention - bearing in mind NPCs can hear the breaking picks. You'll spend a lot of time getting frustrated with the process, but it really is a skill that you can learn. Much like the bow - you actually get satisfaction from up-skilling yourself in it.

For me personally, I found that trying to be slow often caused more attempts to fail than succeed - whereas getting the pick into the yellow spot, then turning the other stick faster; seemed to work - bear in mind that the yellow spot will move, as you turn the lock with your other stick - so you kind of end up moving the sticks at the same time (albeit in different positions and speeds).

It's worth sticking with though, the game is brilliant - I can't wait to dip back in with the new add-ons.

Thanks for reply I am enjoying the game so far I almost stopped playing but I am glad i kept going it sure doesn't hold your hand. I will give locking picking another go I found a the miller lets you practice on a chest, I have few chests that I need to get into one of them is full of weapons & armor from a couple of guys I killed.

They kicked my ass during the day so I thought would be good idea to attack them while there asleep, it work out well as they stored their weapons in the chest just need to get inside now! Your right about leveling up my hunting feels great now, I couldn't hit a thing at first now my bow skill is getting better its much more fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for reply I am enjoying the game so far I almost stopped playing but I am glad i kept going it sure doesn't hold your hand. I will give locking picking another go I found a the miller lets you practice on a chest, I have few chests that I need to get into one of them is full of weapons & armor from a couple of guys I killed.

They kicked my ass during the day so I thought would be good idea to attack them while there asleep, it work out well as they stored their weapons in the chest just need to get inside now! Your right about leveling up hunting feels great now I couldn't hit a thing at first now my bow skill is getting good much more fun.

Totally, the game is one of the first (that I can recall) where you are dumped into an open world, as a completely blank template. Henry is near useless to start with, he's weak, hugely unskilled, and basically outgunned by everything in the world.

Your natural tendency in such an open world, is to explore the map - but with Henry being such a wet lettuce; you run the risk of being offed by a bandit camp to stumble into. Lost count of the number of times I had to flee, only to continually run out of stamina - as some walking tank of an enemy soldier closes in on me :D

One of the earliest mistakes I made, was offing random people wandering around the many trails - only to then find that whatever village they were from, suddenly dislike me! Rattay took ages to get back on side lol, after I killed the hangman - so don't do that :)

I recently purchased the remaining add-on, so I might have to fire this bad boy back up - suck so many hours into the game, it truly had me gripped from start to finish. Such a great game - a little clumsy at times, but it felt like a medieval simulator.

Soldato
I had rage moment and uninstalled the game and put it on mm for the second time.... I spent ages scouting out a camp and trying to knock out a cuman wearing a mask so I could walk into camp and sabotage the place to hell. But they instantly know its not a battle hardened Cuman under that mask its Henry! the pussy peasant form the village. I get spanked in combat if theirs more than one enemy i think its due excessive drinking and fornicating dam drunkard slacker... should have trained some more.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had rage moment and uninstalled the game and put it on mm for the second time.... I spent ages scouting out a camp and trying to knock out a cuman wearing a mask so I could walk into camp and sabotage the place to hell. But they instantly know its not a battle hardened Cuman under that mask its Henry! the pussy peasant form the village. I get spanked in combat if theirs more than one enemy i think its due excessive drinking and fornicating dam drunkard slacker... should have trained some more.

Hahahaha, that actually sounds like fun - the camp invasion I mean, not the rage selling :D

For stealthy stuff, I had a completely dark outfit, all lightweight - iirc there's a noise rating and I think this setup was about 9; whereas full Cuman armor and whatnot, probably puts you up around 60+. For one mission, albeit late in the game, you have to creep into an old town, which is basically a whole Cuman camp - that took a fair few retries, as I kept getting spotted when I was sneaking around the camp!

In the early stages, the Cumans were just too tough for Henry - they're clad in armor, and typically come in 2s and 3s, even if you can knock a few arrows off into their legs, you'll be battered and bleeding in no time. The early parts, from what I played on day one (assuming no subsequent patches changed it much), was about legging it and trying to survive without getting into much combat.

It's a brutal game if I'm honest, I mentioned it before - but it doesn't hold your hand like a lot of things do these days. Henry is like a malnourished school kid to begin with, and ever so slowly, you get to build him up into something passable as a peasant. Over time, you skills and kit slowly sculpt you into a wannabe knight - and that's when you get to have some fun with robbers and Cumans :) For my playthrough, I was leaning Henry towards a thief/bowman character - so did anything and everything I could to upskill things to keep me unnoticed and deadly with a bow - it certainly made sword play interesting when I started to need that more!

Hopefully you pull your sale, and give it another crack of the whip - it needs plenty of time invested into it, but [I feel] it is worthy.

Soldato
I may install it again it just got ****** off with it not sure why they noticed me ? I did check online and people managed to infiltrate the camp dressed as cuman maybe they patched it out?

Whats the fastest way to level sword kill? my henry is a slacker who talks his way out of situations and can hunt with a bow, I wanted to make him a good at sword fighting to change up the game play a bit but seems I have train him up again...

Soldato
I may install it again it just got ****** off with it not sure why they noticed me ? I did check online and people managed to infiltrate the camp dressed as cuman maybe they patched it out?

Whats the fastest way to level sword kill? my henry is a slacker who talks his way out of situations and can hunt with a bow, I wanted to make him a good at sword fighting to change up the game play a bit but seems I have train him up again...

The stealth is a bit iffy, even prior to all the patches, it wasn't great - I never actually tried dressing as a Cuman for the camp infiltration I did (iirc), just went in at night time, in very lightweight black stuff and saved often.

I don't think there's a quick way to level up, but in Talmberg and Rattay, there are arenas (similar to the one at the very start of the game) - you can practice in these and that will add to your level; the latter is only available when you join the army in Rattay, but the commander there does teach you a fair bit.

For my playthrough, my swordsmanship was pretty dire - I pretty much just stabbed at people, then finished them off with a few chops :D I preferred to get them at a distance with arrows, or keep backing away from them, as I fire off shots - a headshot would often drop even the most heavily armored targets towards the end.

Soldato
The stealth is a bit iffy, even prior to all the patches, it wasn't great - I never actually tried dressing as a Cuman for the camp infiltration I did (iirc), just went in at night time, in very lightweight black stuff and saved often.

I don't think there's a quick way to level up, but in Talmberg and Rattay, there are arenas (similar to the one at the very start of the game) - you can practice in these and that will add to your level; the latter is only available when you join the army in Rattay, but the commander there does teach you a fair bit.

For my playthrough, my swordsmanship was pretty dire - I pretty much just stabbed at people, then finished them off with a few chops :D I preferred to get them at a distance with arrows, or keep backing away from them, as I fire off shots - a headshot would often drop even the most heavily armored targets towards the end.

Well i sold..... I want to play it again lol I will definitely come back to this once i clear some of my black log, I think i will stick to my current build and train Henry to be more stealthy do you know if you can complete the game with out being warrior? I would like to stick to my arrow build and train his stealth and dagger. Then do another play threw was warrior who is complete ass hole i always play games as nice guy. ..

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i sold..... I want to play it again lol I will definitely come back to this once i clear some of my black log, I think i will stick to my current build and train Henry to be more stealthy do you know if you can complete the game with out being warrior? I would like to stick to my arrow build and train his stealth and dagger. Then do another play threw was warrior who is complete ass hole i always play games as nice guy. ..

I would say yes, yes you can complete the game without being a warrior - my build was specifically trying to be like Garrett from the old Thief games; so high sneaking (and associated) skills, bow and arrow etc. But you will be using a sword from time to time during play, so eventually level that up enough to be decent with it. Towards the end of the main campaign, I had a pretty good set of armor and pretty highly rated skill; and although I wasn't great with the sword, I could pretty much stab most people to death :D But typically, I would hit targets with a few arrows, then finish them off with my crappy swordplay.

Soldato
Only just picked this up (well, kindly gifted to me actually) and am loving it.

Just a quickie, re the DLC.

I went on holibobs shortly after starting i just wondered is the dlc better to have on board from the start as i'll no doubt start afresh as i'd not got that far in. Or is it more stand alone post main game DLC?

At least this time around i have a vague idea of swordplay and lockpicking (in that most of my success is down to luck).

Soldato
Only just picked this up (well, kindly gifted to me actually) and am loving it.

Just a quickie, re the DLC.

I went on holibobs shortly after starting i just wondered is the dlc better to have on board from the start as i'll no doubt start afresh as i'd not got that far in. Or is it more stand alone post main game DLC?

At least this time around i have a vague idea of swordplay and lockpicking (in that most of my success is down to luck).

You can leave the expansions to the end - they don't really affect the main story line, but it's nice to be all ranked up and ready for the extra bits.

Edit: it's also nice to have the money ready for the expansion when you rebuild the village - I had 60k I think, and easily ploughed through most of that in that expansion!

I have one more to buy - the "A Woman's Lot", which I'll do once I finish the "Ban of ********" expansion.

It really is an awesome game, shame it looked a bit worse on PS4 Pro, as I had considered getting an XboneX for it :D But it's one of the first RPG games I've played, where you truly do start as a completely useless blank canvass (other than the ability to throw poo and drink beer).

Last edited:
Soldato
You can leave the expansions to the end - they don't really affect the main story line, but it's nice to be all ranked up and ready for the extra bits.

Edit: it's also nice to have the money ready for the expansion when you rebuild the village - I had 60k I think, and easily ploughed through most of that in that expansion!

I have one more to buy - the "A Woman's Lot", which I'll do once I finish the "Ban of ********" expansion.

It really is an awesome game, shame it looked a bit worse on PS4 Pro, as I had considered getting an XboneX for it :D But it's one of the first RPG games I've played, where you truly do start as a completely useless blank canvass (other than the ability to throw poo and drink beer).
Yeah i didn't get far at all before heading of on holiday but got far enough to love it. As i'll start from scratch again i'll get the dlc now in that case.

I love the fact you are utterly useless at the start, it actually made me have to think how would i really behave?

I wouldn't steal a pretzel and coins off a dead body would i?

Yes. Yes i would. :)

Soldato
Yeah i didn't get far at all before heading of on holiday but got far enough to love it. As i'll start from scratch again i'll get the dlc now in that case.

I love the fact you are utterly useless at the start, it actually made me have to think how would i really behave?

I wouldn't steal a pretzel and coins off a dead body would i?

Yes. Yes i would. :)

Yeah, it's interesting at the beginning - you pretty much have to leg it away from any adversary - or suffer a right battering!

I focused my character on being stealthy and good with a bow - it made things interesting with the Band of ******** add on, as you have to pass a swordfight to prove yourself - I had to leave it and head of to Rattay to undertake a bunch of training; spend a good few hours just practicing and increasing that skill level. It's stuff like that, which puts this game heads above others - plus I love the setting, just walking around feels like it's a perfect Summer's day.

Oh - don't do what I was doing, going for crafty kills on people walking out alone - as I soon found that (mystically) their village somehow knew what I did, and wouldn't deal with me at all! I ended up having to keep over paying for things in shops, in order to get my reputation out of the gutter lol

Soldato
Yeah, it's interesting at the beginning - you pretty much have to leg it away from any adversary - or suffer a right battering!

I focused my character on being stealthy and good with a bow - it made things interesting with the Band of ******** add on, as you have to pass a swordfight to prove yourself - I had to leave it and head of to Rattay to undertake a bunch of training; spend a good few hours just practicing and increasing that skill level. It's stuff like that, which puts this game heads above others - plus I love the setting, just walking around feels like it's a perfect Summer's day.

Oh - don't do what I was doing, going for crafty kills on people walking out alone - as I soon found that (mystically) their village somehow knew what I did, and wouldn't deal with me at all! I ended up having to keep over paying for things in shops, in order to get my reputation out of the gutter lol
Yup got myself battered a fair few times when i way overestimated my ability. :)

Yeah, i tend to avoid randomly killing strangers - unless they're robbing from the dead. For some reason my character has morals when he sees others doing it.

Complex times. :)

Soldato
I started this the other day. I have just joined radzig's service.

First impressions are good. But lockpicking is a bit of a joke and has the worst mechanics I have seen in any genre in a long time. Nigh on impossible without tons of failed attempts and practice. I want to play the game, not spend hours (literally) practicing lock picking. :(

So I just ignore locked doors/chests now as my game time is limited. I'd rather see more of the story than benefit from items that may be locked away.

Enjoying the game a lot overall.
Early in the game, I escaped the fort by jumping off the drawbridge and legging it. Worked for me! No need to faff about nicking armour and dressing up as a soldier and stuff. I really liked that i could progress without following the set "quest"

Associate
Just got/started the royal edition, the lockpicking is indeed a right faff on. Not even managed to do it on very easy once after 50 attempts. Why, they’ve had nearly 2 years to put this right, never mind.
Aside, enjoying the game, I’ve unintentionally started one of the DLC’s, had to read up on where I was at, no in game indication I was doing a DLC.
You can tell it’s a game not from a big dev. Nauseating sequence when leaving the opening castle, wasted an hour, and a few save game issues, waste of another hour, which is unforgivable really in this type of game.
I do like the atmosphere/world. Script and voice acting is good. Story so far decent. 5 hours in, Intrigued but unsure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got/started the royal edition, the lockpicking is indeed a right faff on. Not even managed to do it on very easy once after 50 attempts. Why, they’ve had nearly 2 years to put this right, never mind.
Aside, enjoying the game, I’ve unintentionally started one of the DLC’s, had to read up on where I was at, no in game indication I was doing a DLC.
You can tell it’s a game not from a big dev. Nauseating sequence when leaving the opening castle, wasted an hour, and a few save game issues, waste of another hour, which is unforgivable really in this type of game.
I do like the atmosphere/world. Script and voice acting is good. Story so far decent. 5 hours in, Intrigued but unsure.
Get the save anytime mod right from the start, from Nexus mods, there is also some other help full ones on there

Back
Top Bottom