** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Any know when the next batch of 27GL850 is? I've been told September, but that's pretty vague.
Was also told September but that I wasn't in the next 100 so have to wait longer for a further batch of "over 200" but split in 3 separate orders. This whole thing is a shambles. I understand OCUK might not be getting the numbers they expected from LG but continuing to take Pre-Orders at this point seems like a huge cash grab as they obviously cannot meet demand but continue to take orders with no clear date that they will arrive. Their own definition of pre order is "New item that you can order before we receive stock" seeing as this item is no longer new is this really a pre order. At the very least put a note on the page to let people know they should not be expecting this soon as you can't fulfil orders.

Associate
I'm going for the AORUS AD27QD as I need a new monitor now.

Is there much difference in the LG and Gigabyte for gaming and photo work?

Associate
When did you pre-order yours? I ordered mine on the 2nd of Aug and was told there was 110 pre-orders. Not sure where my order falls in to that 110.
I only ordered on the 12th was waiting to get paid so I'm screwed. May end up just turning up as a Christmas present to myself at this rate xD

Associate
It has nothing to do with the reviews and it was not sneaky as they pre warned us. Blame the people who voted to leave the EU which caused the pound to drop. Expect more prices raises not just here but all over.

Where did they warn? I haven't seen it.
EU has nothinig to do with this, the value of the pound has barely moved since July and is the same as it was back in January. So what are they covering for exactly? The 0 point change in GBP vs EUR?

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the value of the pound dropping (and therefore what the monitors cost OCUK to order rising) since pre-orders first went up, oh wait :rolleyes:

Except the value of the pound has barely moved over the last few months. So what a load of rubbish.

edit: Nik stated on page 6 that if the dollar dropped any further he would raise the price. That was on like the 6th Aug.

As of right now the pound is 0.01 UP on the dollar. So tell me again how this is a reaction to a drop in GBP? and isn't just a cash grab on good popularity.

Man of Honour
Where did they warn? I haven't seen it.
EU has nothinig to do with this, the value of the pound has barely moved since July and is the same as it was back in January. So what are they covering for exactly? The 0 point change in GBP vs EUR?

Except the value of the pound has barely moved over the last few months. So what a load of rubbish.

edit: Nik stated on page 6 that if the dollar dropped any further he would raise the price. That was on like the 6th Aug.

As of right now the pound is 0.01 UP on the dollar. So tell me again how this is a reaction to a drop in GBP? and isn't just a cash grab on good popularity.

prices change on things. You should have ordered earlier if you wanted the screen

Soldato
prices change on things. You should have ordered earlier if you wanted the screen

Typical gauging again OcUK due to supply and demand. (oh and the review)

Everyone always jumps on the brexit crap saying pound is weak etc etc when in reality hasnt moved at all.

I was considering getting my pre order in but tbh with this sort of attitude id rather purchase something else.

Man of Honour
Sure. But why did they change?
I don’t work for OCUK so I couldn’t tell you. No one at the shop said it had anything to do with Brexit or anything, that was speculation from some users here.

You’d have to ask the shop why pricing changed but my point was that it’s not uncommon for pricing on a lot of things to change. Places do special offers, introductory pricing, get different buy prices depending on stock quantities. All kinds of things could happen. People moaning because they missed a good deal price from a couple of months ago when the screen was available to pre order won’t change anything sadly.

Associate
It'll be plain old supply demand. If they're flying off the shelves and filling pre order books the price is going to go up. Either go with an in stock alternative or wait it out. November sales might be the time.

Associate
The UVP in D is 579€ according to LG.

So that will amount everywhere so, depending upon currency of course convert.

Associate
Turned on my computer today and the monitor osd settings had completely changed from what i previously set. Adapative sync was on , brightness was 100 and RGB values were different.

Anyone else experienced something similar? It wasn't that the profile had changed either, was still gamer 1. Is 100 brightness default settings for gamer 1 i can't remember :confused: , though unsure how i'd have reset it to default.

edit - I think I was accidentally increasing the brightness as the 'nipple' control thing up and down is brightness, when I was just trying to turn the monitor off. Still not sure why rgb settings reset, though haven't had any repeat of this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom