WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 7th

Soldato
Bought this straight away and now wondering if I should get a Pro for 4k...

2048 looks great now, forgot how good the ship designs were.

Not sure if I'm the only one though, HD and Fury seem like a really linear difficulty curve but 2048 is a bit all over the place, one event is a super easy elite pass and the next is hard enough just to pass. Not sure how to compare the two, was a bit weird doing a zone event where 20 was a pass, I got up to 46 and still no elite pass... In HD zones are like 5 zone steps from bronze to gold and then you can play at different difficulty.

Soldato
This arrived in the post this morning. Fired it up, oh boy the old memories this bough back.

I thought the retro cover desighn was an actual CD type case but sadly it's just a sleeve. Still a nice touch though.

Associate
Finally got my Pro and booted this up again, finally.

Only played it on my standard PS4 for the first two days on release as i wanted to play it in 4K HDR.

Just need a proper 10bit panel HDR TV now though, not one that had it enabled through a firmware update :(

Still looks amazing don't get me wrong :D

Soldato
I hate it when zone runs go red and yellow.

My concentration goes and I start battering off the walls. None of the other colour combinations have this effect on me, it's weird?!

Soldato
Love me some wipeout, even the Mrs has been firing up the ps4 for a shot.

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the sound track tbh, some decent stuff but not as much as I'd like.

Not too much of an issue though as just turned music off and put one of my own playlists on in same room.

Soldato
Love me some wipeout, even the Mrs has been firing up the ps4 for a shot.

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the sound track tbh, some decent stuff but not as much as I'd like.

Not too much of an issue though as just turned music off and put one of my own playlists on in same room.
I think that as well about the music. What's there is good and fits the game but I thought there'd be a lot more. Gets very repetitive.

Soldato
I tried redout on pc but felt the handling was off and the controls were kind of janky. It didn't feel anywhere near as crisp as Wipeout to me. I wondered if formula fusion might be better (coming from some of the original creators of Wipeout) but it didn't look all that great the last time I checked it out.

It's a shame Wipeout isn't available for pc really but I guess Sony want to keep it exclusive to them. It's really annoying though as they have such an amazing franchise and they ignore it half the time. We shouldn't have to wait a decade to get a new version of Wipeout!

Also, as much as I like Wipeout omega collection and as good as it so there are things which could be improved. There isn't really much in the way of new content and the multiplayer could really use some kind of automated matchmaking system to pit you against players of the same skill level. Also, why no VR support!

Back
Top Bottom